Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: SHSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: SHSU post game thoughts.

That was the number of plays on our scoring drives. It was into the 4th before we started to have more plays ran than points on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Its legal to cut a lead blocker on a sweep as long as he's still within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. It's never legal to cut after a change of possession. Coach was mistaken if that's what he said.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the clarification.

I also need to clarify that coach didnt reference the cutting the blockers on a sweep. I added that as my interpretation.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 12-17-2017 at 06:06 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Who is the true freshmen corner and when did his shirt get pulled? Did I actually miss this pre or during season—> https://twitter.com/domizzowday/stat...79649668059136

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He had his shirt pulled fairly early I the year. Remember seeing him on special teams and mop up duty. He was a late addition to last year's class. He may play a big role Jan 6 depending on how wimbush and Davis feel. Not sure what's wrong with wimbush other than they said knee

Watching the ESPN3 replay and holy crap I think RJ caught that ball at the sideline at the end of the 3rd. Live I thought no way he was in bounds but the replay he is clearly dragging his toe. They called him out but that was an amazing catch.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Watching the ESPN3 replay and holy crap I think RJ caught that ball at the sideline at the end of the 3rd. Live I thought no way he was in bounds but the replay he is clearly dragging his toe. They called him out but that was an amazing catch.
    It was most definitely a catch. I watched it frame-by-frame on my dvr and he dragged his toe for a good 8 -10" in bounds.

If it was a closer game I'd hope it would have been reviewed.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    It was most definitely a catch. I watched it frame-by-frame on my dvr and he dragged his toe for a good 8 -10" in bounds.

If it was a closer game I'd hope it would have been reviewed.
    Every play is reviewed. They just don't always stop play for the review. Game impact does come into play so that is very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Every play is reviewed. They just don't always stop play for the review. Game impact does come into play so that is very possible.

Does the reference to "game impact" mean that if the score was much closer, there would have been a better chance of play being stopped to review? And since it was such a blowout, there wasn't much need to take a look at it?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Why would someone on defense take himself out of the play by going low and leading with his shoulder on a blocker? By making that move he had absolutely no chance of making a tackle on the ball carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Does the reference to "game impact" mean that if the score was much closer, there would have been a better chance of play being stopped to review? And since it was such a blowout, there wasn't much need to take a look at it?
    Unless it was an obvious error, yes. In this case it wasn't an obvious error. It looks like it may have been a catch but it was close. Not obvious enough to stop the game at that point to review closer. No need to stop the game if they don't have to. At that point everyone is just wanting to get it over with no more injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Why would someone on defense take himself out of the play by going low and leading with his shoulder on a blocker? By making that move he had absolutely no chance of making a tackle on the ball carrier.
    They did it because it takes out a blocker and leaves the runner exposed for a teammate. He says he was doing it to try to get to the runner but that doesn't make sense. He's not gong to get to the runner that way. He may have done it as a reaction the avoid getting blocked but I doubt it was meant to injure him. Just a very bad technique.