Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SHSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: SHSU post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    It’s gets called all the time in the NFL. Not sure on college rules though

I don’t think it was malicious or intention. And the apology was a nice touch. Doesn’t make him any less injured though
    Its a rule in NFL, but don't think it is in Ncaa, yet.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was unhappy about the low hit play that seemed dirty at the time. Still don't like the fact it happened, but then I realized that I saw SHSU players showing sportmanship more often than not so while a bad play/outcome maybe it was just that...an accident. Congratulatory gestures after strong Bison plays, hands out to assist players up off the turf, no obvious trash talking episodes, no chippy fighting after the whistle, playing hard to the end, etc...That team and their head coach showed class. Listening to Keeler's postgame press conference, there were no excuses and nothing but genuine praise about the Bison program and team. There was none of this, "we did not play our game" crap that we have all heard time and time again. So, hat's off to SHSU and ON TO FRISCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Why would a defender block? I don't think that play was illegal
    It is just called a block because his intent is to take out the blocker. Whether it's legal or not is a bit unethical to go low and hard in that situation as the result of this block was an injured player with his knee in who knows what kind of shape.

Classy that he apologized and Dempsey seems "happy" that he manned up to the mistake. So I'll move on we have a championship game to win!

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One thing I noticed and was happy to see throughout the game was the sportsmanship between the two teams. Almost every play you saw guys on both sides helping guys from the other team up and lots on pats on the back instead of jawing. Thought both teams showed a lot of respect to each other. And I'm sure that was a hard thing for SHSU to do, lots of other teams would have gotten chippy. Unfortunate play on the Allison injury, I don't think it was a malicious play, I just don't think offensive guys really know how to handle that and naturally want to go low. Praying Allison p's injury is not serious. But thought both teams represented themselves the way they should.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    It is just called a block because his intent is to take out the blocker. Whether it's legal or not is a bit unethical to go low and hard in that situation as the result of this block was an injured player with his knee in who knows what kind of shape.

Classy that he apologized and Dempsey seems "happy" that he manned up to the mistake. So I'll move on we have a championship game to win!

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I'll take those kinda plays. Kid was too agressive, ended up making a questionable play that got someone injured then owned up to it. Sucks but it happen s. What I hate is the shit that Fabio does on SDSU like wrenching on peoples ankles in piles. That's the shit that needs to be cut down on.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Overall great game. Too many penalties to start the game. The penalties gave SHSU the opportunity to put points on the board.

Too many missed tackles.

The best outcome, other than winning the game, the backup corners who now are the starters got a good workout.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Two new plays I noticed that we ran with great success!

1. Swing pass to Bruce Anderson for a touchdown
    2. Play action roll out to the LEFT for a touchdown pass to Ellefson. Love this as a pen RPO play

Any others that may have been more subtle others noticed?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Two new plays I noticed that we ran with great success!

1. Swing pass to Bruce Anderson for a touchdown
    2. Play action roll out to the LEFT for a touchdown pass to Ellefson. Love this as a pen RPO play

Any others that may have been more subtle others noticed?

I noticed these too. I thought the play calling was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Those injuries really sucked the air out of this win.
    Isn’t that the truth, especially with the secondary. Coach K said he thought Allison would need surgery, and he said Brooks had a shoulder, which I’m assuming separated. I guess we won’t have the whole story until Monday most likely, but we will need a stout defense in Frisco against either JMU or SDSU. I feel like the corners will get picked in all day long. But, I was really impressed with they way Bridges stepped up. Having 3 weeks to prepare and get healthy is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

Connor Wentz blocking was outstanding...