Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: SHSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: SHSU post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    2 questions:

1. Which recruits were present at the game Friday?
    2. Were the SHSU players on the field during the NDSU intro like Keeler said they would be?

Just curious, thanks!
    The captains
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    In regards to Allison's injury, I hate to say this but that "low cut block" was right on the borderline of being legal. During the game last night I thought the guy went right for his knee, but after watching it I think you could make a case that contact was made to the hip area first and then slid down to the knee.

In regards to the game, is it too much to ask to make sure we never schedule them again?? I know last night was the playoffs so we didn't have a choice, and we were firing on all cylinders, but that performance by SHSU was ridiculous, especially from the coaching point of view. It was obvious to me when we got up 14-3 that SHSU had to match us touchdown for touchdown to have a chance. That next drive they got it to the 50 and it was 4th and 3, and they decided to punt. The game was over at that point as in my opinion the coaches didn't believe they could get it done. I believe they also had another 4th and manageable on our side of the 50 and they punted. Even in the second half and if was ALOT to 3, and they drove down the field and still ended with a FG. I know they were knocked back because of a penalty, but if you have any chance to win they have to score a TD not a FG. I was so disappointed for their kids that the coaches didn't man up and give their #1 ranked offense more of a chance to beat us.

Typical SHSU in the playoffs, when it gets tough they quit and unless we are forced to I don't want our program associated with that unless we absolutely have to in the playoffs.
    Klieman said it was legal but unethical. Just like cutting the lead blockers on a sweep.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Blazing speed when he hits the after burners. He was just a blur on a few plays when he broke out. Reminds me of Siegers.
    Yep. His acceleration while weaving through traffic is mind blowing. Loses no speed when cutting. His yards per carry is similar to another Fargo South player... Tony Satter

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Klieman said it was legal but unethical. Just like cutting the lead blockers on a sweep.
    Its legal to cut a lead blocker on a sweep as long as he's still within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. It's never legal to cut after a change of possession. Coach was mistaken if that's what he said.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I did a double-take when watching the game on the DVR today. pic.twitter.com/7wx3cGLLqi Popping your arm back in the socket gets you a lifetime membership to the Football guy club @PardonMyTake
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    Does anyone know what Conference were the refs from last night? I'm guessing one formed by Helen Keller, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Blind Joe. Late whistles all night. I guess it is hard to blow when you are so busy sucking.
    I think they said Ohio Valley during the ESPN2 broadcast.

NDSU

9.8 yards per rush attempt.
    9.5 yards per pass attempt.
    642 yards of total offense.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    CAA

10char

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    CAA per this website...

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/1990...7/SHSUFB14.HTM
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When does this boat race start?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS