Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs Sam Houston State (FCS Semifinals)

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs Sam Houston State (FCS Semifinals)

I think they were horrible. All the holding and pi calls were against the bison and they had a few blatant holding pi calls on shsu that they ignored. Not arguing the penalties against ndsu cause they were, but you have to call them both ways. Seemed pretty one-sided.

Damn this was good to see!!!!

I KNEW we'd win when I saw how we responded after their opening FG. Plus...the crowd had a good "edge" to them right away!!! It felt "different", & GOOD for a change! Way to go BISON!!!! THIS game sends a STATEMENT. PERIOD.
    We played MONSTROUS tonite. Not happy with numerous "bounce-off" tackling tho'. Jeez that makes me mad.....

Faron
    Four-Seasons Maui @ Wailea.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I thought the crew overall did a good job. I agree there may have been a couple of missed DPI calls and the interception play definitely missed an illegal low block on SHSU at the end of the return. The hit out of bounds could definitely have been a flag as well but that's close. They never showed the defensive holding but the other fouls against the Bison were all correct (there were only 4 total). If they only missed 3 calls the entire game that's about a 98% accuracy percentage. Not too shabby.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Contrary to popular belief I thought they were good too other than a few missed PI

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I thought the crew overall did a good job. I agree there may have been a couple of missed DPI calls and the interception play definitely missed an illegal low block on SHSU at the end of the return. The hit out of bounds could definitely have been a flag as well but that's close. They never showed the defensive holding but the other fouls against the Bison were all correct (there were only 4 total). If they only missed 3 calls the entire game that's about a 98% accuracy percentage. Not too shabby.

Defensive PI calls were no where near to even. I agree calls against Bison were correct, but not when they call NOTHING the other way. Completely obvious interference and NOTHING. Add to that all the player safety calls they missed late hits and low bock that ended a players season and while put him on the operating table. Sorry but whatever their percentage was for made vs missed calls, what they missed was huge and obvious and the FCS playoffs deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by Faron79 View Post
    Damn this was good to see!!!!

I KNEW we'd win when I saw how we responded after their opening FG. Plus...the crowd had a good "edge" to them right away!!! It felt "different", & GOOD for a change! Way to go BISON!!!! THIS game sends a STATEMENT. PERIOD.
    We played MONSTROUS tonite. Not happy with numerous "bounce-off" tackling tho'. Jeez that makes me mad.....

Faron
    Every year someone gets a "statement" win against SHSU...
    College of Business Alumnus

Awesome win Bison. I saw the decibel meter hit 113. Did anyone see it go higher?
    /

I think the official just thought the Bison must be cheating to be that dominating.
    It's OK to not be OK.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sadly that officiating crew may be the strongest representative out of the CAA this postseason.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Defensive PI calls were no where near to even. I agree calls against Bison were correct, but not when they call NOTHING the other way. Completely obvious interference and NOTHING. Add to that all the player safety calls they missed late hits and low bock that ended a players season and while put him on the operating table. Sorry but whatever their percentage was for made vs missed calls, what they missed was huge and obvious and the FCS playoffs deserve better.
    Huge difference between bad officials and bad balls. The best NFL officials occasionally miss calls. Often the plays themselves dictate the perception of the officials.

The DPI miss on the first drive was likely due to the angle of the players. The back judge definitely can't see through the back of the defender to see it. The field judge on the far side is probably shielded by the receiver. The line judge on the far side may have the best angle but his key is at the line of scrimmage and he may get to it late. Sometimes you just don't get the best view even if you are in the right position. It's still a downgrade likely for the B and F.

The only thing I can think on the low block is all the bodies around the area blocked the view of the R and U. The L is getting to the goal line but this should be the block he watches. I would guess the potential late hit OOB took his attention away from this block. You see him running into the bench area after the play. He probably gets the downgrade on this one and it's likely a bigger downgrade than the DPI because if he's looking where he's supposed to he gets this.

We are playing at a very high level right now. Hope that Allison, Brooks and Wimbush are OK. It will really suck if any of them can't play in the championship after working their asses off all year to be there !Can you even imagine how good this team would be without all the season ending injuries that the team has had this season ? I think the Jacks will be the other team in Frisco ! Go Bison ! 1