Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Championship game ticket prices

Default Re: Championship game ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Supply and demand folks. Free market capitalism!
    Your a absolute tool
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Your a absolute tool
    Why is he a tool? He is accurate.

I seriously considered selling all 7 of my tickets this year to the highest bidder to make a killer profit. I was going to go to Frisco next year when demand and prices are lower. I don't see JMU. SDSU, Sam Houston State making it there next season so I don't think sellers will get as much next year.

There will be a higher supply of tickets next year with less demand, which equals lower prices. That is free market capitalism at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I think I paid 375 to goto the FBS championship in 2010.(that was face value for that game)

Of course that was in glitzy LA at something called the rose bowl with 2 stories programs named Texas and Alabama. From there on out, I compare everything i buy to that price.

Sooo...11 am kick off, in a Dallas suburb soccer stadium, vs JMU that costs more money? Yea I'll let the sellers sweat on that one.

I've honestly never read of anyone NOT getting in to any game ever. If you're looking to pay, you'll find a way in. Now it's just waiting on it for little while until the initial surge dies down
    Exactly. I was just surprised at how fast and how high they went. I don't believe I have seen it that high in the past.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Exactly. I was just surprised at how fast and how high they went. I don't believe I have seen it that high in the past.
    Talking with JMU fans at the game last year, it was a lot like us in the 2011(2012) game; wishing there were more tickets available. There will be a lot of demand from their side this year, especially being undefeated.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When $70 tickets are reselling for $300-400, the bottom line is that the NCAA fucked up and left a lot of money on the table. On top of that, casual fans have been priced out which limits any potential growth of the FCS brand. This game is bigger than Frisco and needs to be in a bigger stadium. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    Why is he a tool? He is accurate.

I seriously considered selling all 7 of my tickets this year to the highest bidder to make a killer profit. I was going to go to Frisco next year when demand and prices are lower. I don't see JMU. SDSU, Sam Houston State making it there next season so I don't think sellers will get as much next year.

There will be a higher supply of tickets next year with less demand, which equals lower prices. That is free market capitalism at its finest.
    Yep. Here is what it says on my email from the NCAA

Order Date: 8/24/2017 10:01:43 AM

I bought 4 tickets for $335 total for myself, my friend and his parents. I didn't get a dime back until those tickets were usable, yesterday. So 4 months ago I paid a bunch of money for something I didn't even know had value until today.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[QUOTE=td577;1251690]I didn't buy as many as I usually do. While I didn't lose money last year, the experience made me a little nervous. I do know when I bought tickets this year, it wasn't like I bought the last one's available. There were still hospitality packages available up to around a month ago. I am not going to lie. I made a ridiculous amount of money this year on my extra tickets and could have priced them higher. They were bought will I was still sitting in the Fargodome in the 3rd quarter.

You are right, those A-holes accepted all the risk. This can also be a learning experience. There is no such thing as scalping a luxury item. That is a misnomer. No one "needs" these tickets. They are a luxury item people can and will live without. If it were gas or food during a time of great shortages, that would be scalping. Most jurisdictions now recognize this and have eliminated laws restricting selling of tickets for more than face value. There is no fear of the NCAA wanting anything different because they are making money every time the same tickets change ownership. They made money the first time they were sold and every time they are electronically sold through a site like Flash. They are making a killing on the same tickets while accepting pretty much zero risk. They can slide way under market value with their face value because they will recapture market value later if it goes up. The only trick here is what should be face value so the venue sells out. They can still probably go a little higher yet but they are counting on people buying more and reselling. You can't do that if you place face value at true market value.[/QUOTE

Good post. Totally agree.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=bisonfanette;1251741]
    Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I didn't buy as many as I usually do. While I didn't lose money last year, the experience made me a little nervous. I do know when I bought tickets this year, it wasn't like I bought the last one's available. There were still hospitality packages available up to around a month ago. I am not going to lie. I made a ridiculous amount of money this year on my extra tickets and could have priced them higher. They were bought will I was still sitting in the Fargodome in the 3rd quarter.

You are right, those A-holes accepted all the risk. This can also be a learning experience. There is no such thing as scalping a luxury item. That is a misnomer. No one "needs" these tickets. They are a luxury item people can and will live without. If it were gas or food during a time of great shortages, that would be scalping. Most jurisdictions now recognize this and have eliminated laws restricting selling of tickets for more than face value. There is no fear of the NCAA wanting anything different because they are making money every time the same tickets change ownership. They made money the first time they were sold and every time they are electronically sold through a site like Flash. They are making a killing on the same tickets while accepting pretty much zero risk. They can slide way under market value with their face value because they will recapture market value later if it goes up. The only trick here is what should be face value so the venue sells out. They can still probably go a little higher yet but they are counting on people buying more and reselling. You can't do that if you place face value at true market value.[/QUOTE

Good post. Totally agree.
    But how many people actually buy tickets at these prices? They are for sale but do they transact.

You may have people that want to go and see these prices and say I’m not going. Thus the demand starts to drop

The market should start to flush itself out next week as ndsu allocations are allotted.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=kab1one;1251744]
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post

But how many people actually buy tickets at these prices? They are for sale but do they transact.

You may have people that want to go and see these prices and say I’m not going. Thus the demand starts to drop

The market should start to flush itself out next week as ndsu allocations are allotted.

I guess if we could and this is asking a lot is have a discussion and pass information along as to what amount paying are buying and selling game tickets for. If you made a windfall, great, that is your choice, it you paid $300 a ticket because you can and want to go, more power for you. I just find it interesting in situations like this or concerts would the ticket prices fluctuate. I was involved in a Super Bowl Ticket presentation last summer, where the Vikings rolled out a bunch of packages. They were expensive. But in past week or so the Super Bowl organization is back with new "repriced" packages with more perks (Pink Concert Tickets was an add on), that tells me they did not sell the original packages at the high prices.

Frisco is the same, the market is the market. I think it will be good to keep the information flowing.

Another item to note. Anyone notice the cost of travel to Dallas? I haven't been in 3 years. But plane ticket prices seem to be double from Fargo (I actually booked before the Wofford Game), the NDSU package through Travel Inc is substantially higher than 3 years ago.

I know American doubled and in one case tripled the cost of the ticket I had booked after Friday's win. That could be that last 2 seats were left.

All thoughts would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=kab1one;1251750]
    Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

I guess if we could and this is asking a lot is have a discussion and pass information along as to what amount paying are buying and selling game tickets for. If you made a windfall, great, that is your choice, it you paid $300 a ticket because you can and want to go, more power for you. I just find it interesting in situations like this or concerts would the ticket prices fluctuate. I was involved in a Super Bowl Ticket presentation last summer, where the Vikings rolled out a bunch of packages. They were expensive. But in past week or so the Super Bowl organization is back with new "repriced" packages with more perks (Pink Concert Tickets was an add on), that tells me they did not sell the original packages at the high prices.

Frisco is the same, the market is the market. I think it will be good to keep the information flowing.

Another item to note. Anyone notice the cost of travel to Dallas? I haven't been in 3 years. But plane ticket prices seem to be double from Fargo (I actually booked before the Wofford Game), the NDSU package through Travel Inc is substantially higher than 3 years ago.

I know American doubled and in one case tripled the cost of the ticket I had booked after Friday's win. That could be that last 2 seats were left.

All thoughts would be appreciated.
    I've been tracking for the past month and the rates we reasonable. The past 2 weeks began tracking upwards and now they are crazy. Pretty similar to past years.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!