Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship game ticket prices

Default Re: Championship game ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd assume they could put some makeshift barriers back behind the endzone seats and halt construction for that weekend allowing those seats to be sold/used but you're right that liability is probably the concern. Could fire code be an issue even though it's an outdoor stadium?

All I can say is figure it out Frisco/NCAA! there's probably 4,000 seats there that would get snatched up easily at their $75-$100 face value prices. That's $300-400k in extra revenue not to mention the money those extra people in the stadium would spend on concessions (beer!).
    If you could put up barriers, the city of Frisco would not allow the public to occupy that space while there is work going on for that project. They might have a phased turn over to the owner/public but it looks like they have quite a bit of work to do on the deck above those seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fin View Post
    If you could put up barriers, the city of Frisco would not allow the public to occupy that space while there is work going on for that project. They might have a phased turn over to the owner/public but it looks like they have quite a bit of work to do on the deck above those seats.
    It just doesn't make sense to me why they would put the seats in and not sell them. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to finish off that concourse/club level area without all the seats (that they can't use anyway) in place? At the very least it would make the post construction cleanup easier.

The JMU website article said "with the completed reno they increased allotments from 4,000 to 5,300 on 12/11". I don't know how they could increase allotments by 2,600 total without having a pretty significant block of seats open up since the thing has basically been sold out since August. Additionally, the DFW CBS article I linked earlier in the thread said they "just added 3,300 seats". Maybe I'm just reading into all this want I want to read into it because I'm still hoping they open up the endzone seats for sale but it seems to indicate that a pretty big chunk of tickets has just recently been made available.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    Looks like I will be sitting in enemy territory - I got tickets in section 101 and 111 from my August purchase. Hopefully I will be with many other Bison fans.
    I will never understand why this is a concern. The best seats are with the opposing team. Why do you want to sit with the people you see 9+ times a season in Fargo? It's always great hearing other people's stories and talking a little trash.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I will never understand why this is a concern. The best seats are with the opposing team. Why do you want to sit with the people you see 9+ times a season in Fargo? It's always great hearing other people's stories and talking a little trash.
    Sat near JSU section one time. Pretty cocky first quarter and part of 2. After that knew it was over. At the end of game they would not let Bison fans down the aisle to hit the field after game. Purposefully blocked it instead of going the other way toward their mostly empty section. Not a huge deal but made my life worse carrying 2 kids and cold weather gear. I always prefer the sunny side too.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Sat near JSU section one time. Pretty cocky first quarter and part of 2. After that knew it was over. At the end of game they would not let Bison fans down the aisle to hit the field after game. Purposefully blocked it instead of going the other way toward their mostly empty section. Not a huge deal but made my life worse carrying 2 kids and cold weather gear. I always prefer the sunny side too.
    Too bad we haven't seen the sun down in Frisco on game day since January 2014.

First world problems....

We bought tickets during the Towson debacle. They were really surprised to see so many of us in their section. They left about halftime.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Too bad we haven't seen the sun down in Frisco on game day since January 2014.

First world problems....
    On the plane ride home or Monday you could tell where people sat based on which side of face or head was sunburned and how much.

I can't really speak for the article because I've read about a few of my own construction projects in newspapers/magazines and laughed at the misinformation. Design changes all the time for a number of reasons, usually to budget constraints. Maybe someone just got the math wrong.

I am also not sure the extent of the work that was done but my best guess is that they worked from North to South to make construction access easier. Maybe it made sense to put those seats in and protect them from damage was easier than trying to bring them in while they are setting steel with that crawler and doing concrete.

Just from the perspective of how crappy it will look on tv to have entire sections of empty seats in the endzone, I really hope they are able to sell those tickets.

So. I called them
    It is finished enough to use the seats. Toyota Stadium doesn't control the seats for this game and if they will use them.
    The NCAA will be having a meeting this week or next week. She said to call back next week for the info.
    She said that we will love the seats and they really want us back in Frisco. When I asked if they will open it up if we win, she laughed and said she sure would if she were them.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans