Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Reminder: Tickets go on sale at 8:00 am Wednesday . Unclaimed Student and season tick

Default Re: Reminder: Tickets go on sale at 8:00 am Wednesday . Unclaimed Student and season

Looks like all that is left is standing room only tickets. When you try to buy tickets it says...

A limited number of additional reserved seats will be released Thursday, December 14th at 8:00am.

I would imagine those are the unclaimed visitor tickets

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Reminder: Tickets go on sale at 8:00 am Wednesday . Unclaimed Student and season

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Looks like all that is left is standing room only tickets. When you try to buy tickets it says...

A limited number of additional reserved seats will be released Thursday, December 14th at 8:00am.
    I wonder if this is a way to increase demand a little. Either way hopefully it's a packed house.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I wonder if this is a way to increase demand a little. Either way hopefully it's a packed house.
    No they have to wait to hear from Sam Houston if they have any unused tickets they can sell. From what I've heard, they might bring a band or something so there may not be many available.

You can still buy standing room

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

I'm guessing the tickets released tomorrow will be any seats not purchased in the visitor's allotment. Sam Houston's was only selling tickets in their section to season ticket holders and booster club members.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'm guessing the tickets released tomorrow will be any seats not purchased in the visitor's allotment. Sam Houston's was only selling tickets in their section to season ticket holders and booster club members.
    List a mile long on Craigslist tickets for sale

Will be a way to much blue if these people don’t go or don’t sell

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Since I wasn't there I didn't see for sure, but it seems like the biggest issue was the low student turnout which dumped more tickets on the general public then they are used to buying up on short notice.
    I'm pretty sure the biggest issue was fan apathy. Not calling you out because you had a conflict but last week was the 5th straight year they played at 11AM on Saturday and it had never been below 18k before. I can't imagine the number of conflicts was that much more this year than it was from 2013-2016. The 2012 quarterfinal game against the exact same Wofford team wasn't an 11AM kick but was a 2PM kick and that drew 18,267.

The student attendance looked about the same as it always has been for playoff games, they used the sideline section of their allotment (sections 13-16) but not the endzone part of it (sections 10-12). Does anyone know if they sold the south endzone student sections yet (sections 10-12) for this game? I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if they sold those all out so quickly this morning since that would be ~2,000 tickets in those sections alone. It seemed like last week they didn't start selling those until Thursday or Friday and, consequently, those 3 sections (minus the band) were practically empty last Saturday.

They DID sell some seats in sections 10 & 12 - pretty sure they sold most of section 12 because I had row D and row K in my cart. (There were elevated seats avail also.)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm pretty sure the biggest issue was fan apathy. Not calling you out because you had a conflict but last week was the 5th straight year they played at 11AM on Saturday and it had never been below 18k before. I can't imagine the number of conflicts was that much more this year than it was from 2013-2016. The 2012 quarterfinal game against the exact same Wofford team wasn't an 11AM kick but was a 2PM kick and that drew 18,267.

The student attendance looked about the same as it always has been for playoff games, they used the sideline section of their allotment (sections 13-16) but not the endzone part of it (sections 10-12). Does anyone know if they sold the south endzone student sections yet (sections 10-12) for this game? I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if they sold those all out so quickly this morning since that would be ~2,000 tickets in those sections alone. It seemed like last week they didn't start selling those until Thursday or Friday and, consequently, those 3 sections (minus the band) were practically empty last Saturday.
    Student attendance wasn't even close to previous playoff games.

Where they really messed up is waiting to sell the Student tickets on Thursday and communicating it horribly. People didn't know there were an extra few thousand tickets available. I even saw people posting "want to buy 3 tickets " when they could have bought them.

Today they didn't make that mistake and sold the student tickets Wednesday and we are sold out

Fan apathy? Maybe a tiny bit but a game like Friday we could sell 20- 25k, especially with a good student turnout

NDSU sent out a tweet at noon saying there were about 100 student tickets remaining (for students only). I'm guessing this is from whatever sections they kept for the students.

533 In a row

I guess I look at it like this. I was one of the ones with bball for kids conflict last Saturday @ 11am. I maybe could have made it @ halftime if they even let you in at that point?! But was just going to be a long day as we had some other stuff to do also, would just got to be too long with both kids. Anyways as mentioned I think some fans are just getting "apathetic" towards it, that was the 8th straight (7th @ FD) quarterfinal we've been in. After awhile people want to do something different. Secondly 11am on Saturday before Christmas I think is going to turn some people off as Sat/Sun are their times to get stuff done before the holidays (speculating don't know for sure), 11am kind of destroys the day if you're 30-40 minutes or more out of town because even just the game you leave @ 9 or earlier and don't get home until 4:30-5 or later... Lastly my thought is based on how many of us had the bball conflict, I wonder if a good portion of those season ticket holders who have been around 7-10 years now because we were the somewhat newly graduated 24/25 somethings that got in on season tickets started having kids a couple years later and bingo now you have families with more and more 6-10 year olds who want to get involved in sports/activities and these will start occurring more and more now as this group of kids grows up into Jr Hi/Sr Hi age. I think THAT may be the biggest contributor to last weeks problem?? I would had to skip the semi final if it had been Saturday afternoon as my sons bball tournament is then. I get we're all supposed to be a bunch of diehards but eventually we have to support the kids we produced when we won the first chipper, no (not so in my case as mine was 1 yo at the time, but maybe others? LOL )?