Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kuhnert and Deluca named to first team All American Squad

Default Re: Kuhnert and Deluca named to first team All American Squad

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I haven't gone back and looked at the stats but haven't we averaged like 3.5 1000 yard rushers every season dating back to 2006? Just think how great the stats would be for only 1 RB that got all the touches a la Zenner. /purple

You are right though there is a ton of "Bison fatigue" or sympathy to other teams by the time award season rolls around. Wouldn't be fair to win all the conference championships, then all of the national championships and then claim the most AA spots. There is a lot to be said about our young men fitting into the culture where when everyone does their job the result ends up greater than the sum of all it's parts.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    The streak of consecutive seasons with 1000 yards rushers was snapped last year when Dunn finished 6 yards short of 1000 but they've never had more than two 1000 yard rushers in any single season during that streak.

2003: Malone
    2004-2006: Steffes
    2007-2008: Roehl
    2009: Paschall
    2010-2011: McNorton
    2011-2013: Ojuri
    2012-2014: Crockett
    2015: Frazier

Bruce needs 30 yards on Friday night to get to 1000 this year and start a new streak.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The streak of consecutive seasons with 1000 yards rushers was snapped last year when Dunn finished 6 yards short of 1000 but they've never had more than two 1000 yard rushers during that time.

Bruce needs 30 yards on Friday night to get to 1000 this year and start a new streak.
    Going to be tough next year with Dunn, Bruce, Ty, and Seth at a minimum getting touches.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The streak of consecutive seasons with 1000 yards rushers was snapped last year when Dunn finished 6 yards short of 1000 but they've never had more than two 1000 yard rushers in any single season during that streak.

Politics, as CAS says, has to have played a part in Crockett not getting AA status in 2014 after he ran for nearly 2000 yards. I just shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Politics, as CAS says, has to have played a part in Crockett not getting AA status in 2014 after he ran for nearly 2000 yards. I just shake my head.
    There is a lot of anti NDSU in the world of FCS. That is why our players play for the name on the front of the jersey and not the back of it. It is about the team. That is called tradition, culture and the Bison way.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

This is kind of what Matt Larsen told his wife when she asked if Coach K would win the Eddy Robinson (although Bohl won twice) He said people expect NDSU to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    There is a lot of anti NDSU in the world of FCS. That is why our players play for the name on the front of the jersey and not the back of it. It is about the team. That is called tradition, culture and the Bison way.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    He wasn't even first team all-MVFC that year IIRC. Cheech Coprich and Zach Zenner were. Crockett and David Johnson were not... the MVFC was loaded with RBs that year.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Rumor is that a tall, lanky kid named Carson Wentz - maybe some of you have heard of him before (?) - did not ever even make 1st OR 2nd team All-MVFC, let alone All-American ......... but I also hear that he's been doing OK for himself in one of those ritzy pro leagues (I forget where, just now) that actually pay people to play football.