Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Inks Mike Houston to a 10 Year Extension

Default Re: JMU Inks Mike Houston to a 10 Year Extension

It is interesting to watch this play out having lived through this exact same situation a number of years ago ourselves. Makes me feel kind of reminiscent reading all the complaints about timing and level of school he's going to.

For all of our complaints about the way Bohl left, it appears Houston is managing to do an even worse job of it so far. His statement refusing to confirm he's leaving is really bad. Almost certain that he's gone. Now that the cat is out of the bag, just admit it and move forward however that will be either coaching through playoffs or not. The longer he leaves the "will he or won't he" floating around the worse it is for everybody.

JMU fans haven't gotten to the point yet of realizing Houston is likely taking the majority of his coaching staff with him along with possibly a chunk of their current recruiting class. Does anyone know if Houston's contract contains any provisions like Bohl's had prohibiting him from contacting recruits who had previously verbally committed? They have to deal with the early signing period which makes this concern worse than when Bohl left.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It is interesting to watch this play out having lived through this exact same situation a number of years ago ourselves. Makes me feel kind of reminiscent reading all the complaints about timing and level of school he's going to.

For all of our complaints about the way Bohl left, it appears Houston is managing to do an even worse job of it so far. His statement refusing to confirm he's leaving is really bad. Almost certain that he's gone. Now that the cat is out of the bag, just admit it and move forward however that will be either coaching through playoffs or not. The longer he leaves the "will he or won't he" floating around the worse it is for everybody.
    I take it that he hasn't denied it either. If so more likely than not he has confirmed it.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I bet this was going to be announced after the Colgate game.

This is a perfect built in excuse for when the lose this weekend. Which sucks. I wanted them to lose and have no excuses for why they dropped off a bit this year. Now they can always claim they only lost because of coaching turmoil.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’ll never forget that weekend. Surfed my phone all through church and my wife gave me a ton of shit about it. Have to say, though, I like CK better as a coach. So chin up JMU fans!!

Almost certain that he's gone
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This is a perfect built in excuse for when the lose this weekend. Which sucks. I wanted them to lose and have no excuses for why they dropped off a bit this year. Now they can always claim they only lost because of coaching turmoil.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    If this had not happened and they lost they would come up with some other reason.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Just reading their comments you can tell they don't understand it's not isolated to just Houston, it's the entire staff that's likely going with him. Patiently waiting for that second tidal wave to wash over them.

Just reading their comments you can tell they don't understand it's not isolated to just Houston, it's the entire staff that's likely going with him. Patiently waiting for that second tidal wave to wash over them.
    We are well aware staff changes and recruiting changes are coming.

we’ve been through this before.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dawg View Post
    We are well aware staff changes and recruiting changes are coming.

we’ve been through this before.
    Phew! I thought JMUs reign as "top dawg" in FCS would last forever!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk