Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Inks Mike Houston to a 10 Year Extension

Default Re: JMU Inks Mike Houston to a 10 Year Extension

They are putting their money where their mouth is. With incentives over a half million which puts him at or near the top.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    He gone!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    You called it!
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Mike Houston is expected to be the new head coach of the Charlotte 49ers.

No word on if he is finishing the playoffs with JMU (but im going to assume so)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Mike Houston is expected to be the new head coach of the Charlotte 49ers.

No word on if he is finishing the playoffs with JMU (but im going to assume so)
    their student newspaper is saying he will..for what thats worth

So I'm not going to claim that Bisonville wouldn't/isn't going to be a shit show when Klieman leaves but this is a pretty good read of JMU's board and the ridicule a guy took when he first mentioned last night that Houston was interviewing for the UNC Charlotte gig: https://csnbbs.com/thread-863954-pos...ml#pid15709506

The whole things starts there with a post from Jeter2.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So I'm not going to claim that Bisonville wouldn't/isn't going to be a shit show when Klieman leaves but this is a pretty good read of JMU's board and the ridicule a guy took when he first mentioned last night that Houston was interviewing for the UNC Charlotte gig: https://csnbbs.com/thread-863954-pos...ml#pid15709506

The whole things starts there with a post from Jeter2.
    And here we go:

"I don't know any names off the top of my head, but pursuing top assistants at NDSU shouldn't be beneath us either. We have to admit they're successful and seek to emulate that".
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    And here we go:

"I don't know any names off the top of my head, but pursuing top assistants at NDSU shouldn't be beneath us either. We have to admit they're successful and seek to emulate that".
    Not trying to slight any of "our guys" but I'm pretty sure JMU could do better than an NDSU assistant coach with their resources and current spot in the college football landscape.

Seems a lot of their fans want them to poach Curt Cignetti (head coach at Elon whose orchestrated a pretty amazing turnaround there in the last 2 years).

oldmantutters is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not trying to slight any of "our guys" but I'm pretty sure JMU could do better than an NDSU assistant coach with their resources and current spot in the college football landscape.

Seems a lot of their fans want them to poach Curt Cignetti (head coach at Elon whose orchestrated a pretty amazing turnaround there in the last 2 years).
    I'm big on recruiting footprint. I think JMU would be better off going after someone with east coast connections. Just like when Klieman decides that he is ready for his next chapter NDSU needs to find someone with midwest connections.

I am not really concerned about it, Combine this with SS and our assistants seem pretty popular.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    And here we go:

JMU pays their head coach huge money so they can get whoever they want. Poaching our assistants isnt going to weaken us because our coaches are coaching within the system, and put their own wrinkles on it. That's why when Bohl left, we didnt miss a beat.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com