Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: JMU Inks Mike Houston to a 10 Year Extension

Default Re: JMU Inks Mike Houston to a 10 Year Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    JMU is absolutely at their ceiling, NO way they could go 7 figures.
    Under Virginia Law, they cannot fund more than 70% of their budget from student fees... in 2016/2017, 77% of their budget came from student fees. Based on those limitations, does it make sense to pay G5 prices for an FCS head coach?? By the way, if JMU moves up to the FBS, under the law limiting student fee funding, they would be limited to 55% of their athletic budget from student fees -- seems they would have to step up their fundraising significantly to make a move.

Article about law limiting student fees for athletics: https://pilotonline.com/sports/artic...8de3a5f01.html

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    ECU's job just opened up, looks like Houston is about to get paid with the bidding war going on.
    I was never enrolled at ECU, but had a hell of a lot of fun there :-) Greenville is a great college town..... at least it was when I was 21 or I thought it was. Still kinda all fuzzy.

Like I said HCMH is either LOL as he just leveraged ECU or he is kicking himself for signing a contract with Charlotte

Charlotte withdrew their offer now.

Good for Charlotte, Houston and his agent were playing them and he deserved to be called out for it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Good for Charlotte, Houston and his agent were playing them and he deserved to be called out for it.
    He could play himself out of any job. What a circus
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans