Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: JMU Inks Mike Houston to a 10 Year Extension

Default Re: JMU Inks Mike Houston to a 10 Year Extension

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Phew! I thought JMUs reign as "top dawg" in FCS would last forever!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Well to be fair- think about how many of the last 7 championships belong to either NDSU or Mike Houston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Actually, it kind of sounds like he could be waiting for JMU's counter-offer.... Well, you gotta admit that it's not impossible.

Didn't we see something like that with the SDSU WBB coach?
    I believe USD and Nielson had a similar issue when he was apparently gone to Kent State and then not gone.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Oh boy it is going to be an interesting game for them this week now that the word is out. Do you think the team will be as focused or do you think they go on the road and lay an egg? It should be wonderful entertainment for us for the next week.

Or is Houston still shopping for the bigger job and using Charlotte to make it a time is of the essence situation? A few directions it cold go. Get a higher offer, extract more $ out of JMU, take Charlotte or even get them to raise offer

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Or is Houston still shopping for the bigger job and using Charlotte to make it a time is of the essence situation? A few directions it cold go. Get a higher offer, extract more $ out of JMU, take Charlotte or even get them to raise offer
    I'd guess he's off to Charlotte. News just broke a little sooner then they intended. Don't think it's any more complicated then that.

It kinda seems like that with how non-commital he is in the face of all these rumors flying. I get that you want to maximize your value in your own labor market but he's already burned bridges at JMU and he might be burning bridges at Charlotte if he's just using them to extract bigger offers elsewhere. We'll see how it works out but it sure looks like it could've been handled better than it has been to this point.

Ya I think it is Charlotte also, fun to speculate when it happening to someone else though. It is like Dejavu watching it though.

Ya I think it is Charlotte also, fun to speculate when it happening to someone else though. It is like Dejavu watching it though.
    Twice the speculation, none of the stress!

Wonder who the replacement ends up being. There fans are kicking around going the Griz route and bringing back their old HC who won them their other chipper Mickey Matthews. Hard to tell how serious those discussions are. Other talk is poaching another HC from the CAA, Elon coach for example. They seem to be most concerned with also losing their DC Trott. He's a North Carolina native so that's a plus one in the column he's likely off with Houston. Don't know if they'd go the Bison route and try to hire Trott on as HC to prevent him from bolting with Houston? Wonder if he has ambitions to be a HC?

Will be interesting to see how this plays out with the early signing period now. Puts way more of a time crunch on figuring things out than before to sure up this years recruiting class. If you're an FCS AD, you better have a plan of action ready to go each year heading into December.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Twice the speculation, none of the stress!

Wonder who the replacement ends up being. There fans are kicking around going the Griz route and bringing back their old HC who won them their other chipper Mickey Matthews. Hard to tell how serious those discussions are. Other talk is poaching another HC from the CAA, Elon coach for example. They seem to be most concerned with also losing their DC Trott. He's a North Carolina native so that's a plus one in the column he's likely off with Houston. Don't know if they'd go the Bison route and try to hire Trott on as HC to prevent him from bolting with Houston? Wonder if he has ambitions to be a HC?

Will be interesting to see how this plays out with the early signing period now. Puts way more of a time crunch on figuring things out than before to sure up this years recruiting class. If you're an FCS AD, you better have a plan of action ready to go each year heading into December.
    Could you imagine if they offered the DC the HC job? I know how things were around here when it happened and the vibe it put out around the team. Only thing is, the '13 team could have game planned, practiced and executed the entire playoff run by themselves. There's no way JMU has that kind of team right now given their current record and play on the field. How old is their DC? If he's young, he might not have enough connections to build a staff worth a darn. This is just the tip of the iceberg of what is going to go down so enjoy the show people. We'll be going through it eventually.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Could you imagine if they offered the DC the HC job? I know how things were around here when it happened and the vibe it put out around the team. Only thing is, the '13 team could have game planned, practiced and executed the entire playoff run by themselves. There's no way JMU has that kind of team right now given their current record and play on the field. How old is their DC? If he's young, he might not have enough connections to build a staff worth a darn. This is just the tip of the iceberg of what is going to go down so enjoy the show people. We'll be going through it eventually.
    Both of the coordinators are up there in age.