Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/12 Valley City State

Default 12/12 Valley City State

Bison men are home tonight vs Valley City State. A good chance to get some game minutes before heading out to Arizona and the holiday tournament in Texas. Should be a comfortable win.

Tipoff is at 7pm and the game will be carried on Midco/ESPN 3/ and ESPN Fullcourt.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Default Re: 12/12 Valley City State

I will be down tonight for this. Even though Coach is playing with a deep bench, hope to see plenty of minutes for Spencer, Geu, Rocky, Chris and Hunter.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I chuckled during the last game that the announcers mentioned that UND was almost starting its Cf sked, and NDSU still have 6 games oc left before conference.
    If they knew that 2 of these games are replacement for the conference team that left. I am not sure if they count for conference records or not, probably not.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any word on why Cam isn’t playing tonight? Van Dulm getting all the backup PG minutes and Cam warmed up and looked fine.

Bison win comfortably, lots of playing time for the young guys.

Deng with 18 and Rocky with 17 to lead the way.

Bison win 101-58.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Cam played in second half.

533 In a row

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Cam played in second half.
    Yup, I was in attendance and saw him finally come in. Not sure if this was a just get Van Dulm some minutes thing or if there was more to it but was glad to see him out there. His alley oop to Geu to get us over 100 was a thing of beauty!

Last night well it is what it is with it being against Valley City. We could have named the score.

There was one glaring thing that just stuck in my craw. That was the play of Dylan, He should have been able to have a good game the way Rocky and Spencer were. He looked lost and slow. He came in and had 2 fouls in less than 30 seconds. He got one on the Defensive end and one on the Offensive end in consecutive possessions. He then was beat by his guy for a easy lay up, then a bit later his guy moved outside and he was standing in the center of the lane and turned his head and watched as another player drove past. There was absolutely no thought of help defense but he sure was able to stand and watch him go by. Coach needs to sit him down and have a serious discussion and he needs to step up or Rocky needs to get more minutes.

Deng's numbers looked good but last night was a very good example of why coach limits his time on the court. His D game needs to step up as he also was out of position and it caused his guy to get easy drives at times and caused Deng to foul at others. Heck he had 4 fouls with what about 12 minutes left in the game against a NAIA team. It is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation for Coach.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This may be an old joke to you guys, but I find the name "Valley City State" to be funny in a confusing sort of way. Which is it? Valley? City? Or State?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Last night well it is what it is with it being against Valley City. We could have named the score.

There was one glaring thing that just stuck in my craw. That was the play of Dylan, He should have been able to have a good game the way Rocky and Spencer were. He looked lost and slow. He came in and had 2 fouls in less than 30 seconds. He got one on the Defensive end and one on the Offensive end in consecutive possessions. He then was beat by his guy for a easy lay up, then a bit later his guy moved outside and he was standing in the center of the lane and turned his head and watched as another player drove past. There was absolutely no thought of help defense but he sure was able to stand and watch him go by. Coach needs to sit him down and have a serious discussion and he needs to step up or Rocky needs to get more minutes.

Deng's numbers looked good but last night was a very good example of why coach limits his time on the court. His D game needs to step up as he also was out of position and it caused his guy to get easy drives at times and caused Deng to foul at others. Heck he had 4 fouls with what about 12 minutes left in the game against a NAIA team. It is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation for Coach.
    I agree, he was about worthless last night and should not have been due to playing VCSU.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.