Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU at JMU Semi Final Thread

Default Re: SDSU at JMU Semi Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Boy I have to say, after being a lurker in the JMU board they have already one the title. And apparently an NDSU coach called the SDSU coach about tips on what he had seen on JMU!!! source being the radio guys after the SDSU game!!!
    First two pages of their championship game thread are complaining about us. I love it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope we don't get tips from steigelmeyer

Here's a history lesson y'all (yes, that is a word in Virginia. Texas, too!).

Much respect and awe is due the Bison for that incredible 5-year run. You were in a class of your own.

You have company now. It's that simple.

We have always had the horses. If you recall on your run to your first NC, the Dukes rolled into the Fargodome on December 3, 2011. I believe it was your toughest game heading into the Natty, as the box score will attest.

We just didn't have the coaching back then that we have now. Mickey Matthews was and is a great recruiter, but was not surrounded by the superior talent we have on staff today, who came to JMU last year, took Mickey's players, and rolled to and through Frisco.

So, here we are again. The two juggernauts. The way it should be. The way you would write a movie script. The way God intended it.

Last year the National Championship was in the Fargodome on December 16.

Many kudos to the Bison for that amazing 5-year run. I am sure you would like the bragging rights to 6 out of 7. There's just one little test you have to pass first in Frisco. Good luck!

Boy I have to say, after being a lurker in the JMU board they have already one the title. And apparently an NDSU coach called the SDSU coach about tips on what he had seen on JMU!!! source being the radio guys after the SDSU game!!!
    Stig is probably the last man on Earth Klieman would talk to, he would call Farley before he called Stig.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Here's a history lesson y'all (yes, that is a word in Virginia. Texas, too!).

Much respect and awe is due the Bison for that incredible 5-year run. You were in a class of your own.

You have company now. It's that simple.

We have always had the horses. If you recall on your run to your first NC, the Dukes rolled into the Fargodome on December 3, 2011. I believe it was your toughest game heading into the Natty, as the box score will attest.

We just didn't have the coaching back then that we have now. Mickey Matthews was and is a great recruiter, but was not surrounded by the superior talent we have on staff today, who came to JMU last year, took Mickey's players, and rolled to and through Frisco.

So, here we are again. The two juggernauts. The way it should be. The way you would write a movie script. The way God intended it.

Last year the National Championship was in the Fargodome on December 16.

Many kudos to the Bison for that amazing 5-year run. I am sure you would like the bragging rights to 6 out of 7. There's just one little test you have to pass first in Frisco. Good luck!
    go tell your friends we wanted them all along.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We're going to kill either of these teams.
    You better hope we go FBS or the beatings will continue.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is kinda great they win a title last year and all of the sudden there is no team on earth that can beat them. Im excited for this game. I don’t think anyone is scared to play JMU.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmen View Post
    You better hope we go FBS or the beatings will continue.
    Oh well, nothing to worry about there then. Seem to beat FBS teams too so...
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is kinda great they win a title last year and all of the sudden there is no team on earth that can beat them. Im excited for this game. I don’t think anyone is scared to play JMU.
    Let them sit at the grown ups table just once...
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

So, that's all we did was win the title last year, like by the skin of our teeth, right?

Are you listening to yourself, man?

That is silly. Remember, we had to go through the Fargodome to get to Frisco last year. If our championship last year is meaningless, what does that say about the Bison?

Furthermore, NDSU is #2 (don't get excited, no double meaning there) and they will remain that way until they remove the zero from JMU's "L" column. Good luck with that. Twenty-six teams in two years have tried, including the Bison.

"It is kinda great they win a title last year and all of the sudden there is no team on earth that can beat them." I don't know who is saying that. My guess is no one. NDSU can beat us. SDSU could have beaten us on the right day. That day just wasn't yesterday. Weber could have beaten us and damned near did (it's that fourth quarter you should be paying attention to. We found something there on the surface and deep down inside that, well, I will leave it there).

True fans of the game know who the Bison are and we know that you are damned good.

Now, if you would like to cease with the disingenuous "I ain't skeered" bravado and swap legitimate concerns, I'm all in, but I don't think anyone at JMU really has that attitude. You will see at Frisco. We are really cool folks.