Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU at JMU Semi Final Thread

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU at JMU Semi Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    When the game is a toss up, you pick the team with the better QB. The only stat where Schor is better than Christion is completion percentage. 66% to 60%. It is really tough to say which one of these QBs are better though. If I had to pick one, I would take Christion because of his ability to run. Therefore, being the game is a toss up, SDSU wins.
    His ability to run and scramble were one of the many things that killed us down in Brookings. Schor seemed like he escaped against us and completed those dump off passes and he couldn't get that done against Weber.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Under no circumstances would I ever want SDSU to be in Frisco. No one knows the Bison better....
    Agreed. I am so tired of playing SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Agreed. I am so tired of playing SDSU.
    Those are two different sentiments. I'm also tired of SDSU but I am not afraid of either of these teams. They both honestly think they are better because they got over on us one game each. From what I have seen in the last two weeks, this team isn't losing to anybody.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When the game is a toss up, you pick the team with the better QB. The only stat where Schor is better than Christion is completion percentage. 66% to 60%. It is really tough to say which one of these QBs are better though. If I had to pick one, I would take Christion because of his ability to run. Therefore, being the game is a toss up, SDSU wins.
    Schor can run just as well as Christion IMO. I think Schor is going to look like the better QB on Saturday because I think JMU's defense is going to frustrate Christion. They had Weber's QB befuddled most of the game but they gave up big plays that got him off the hook. If they clean that up, which I think they're more than capable of doing, then Christion will have his fair share of struggles.

You can't put too much stock in that Weber game. Going into that game JMU's defense had allowed 5 passing TDs while forcing 24 INTs on the year. They are capable of frustrating the hell out of any QB in the country. SDSU's defense not so much.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 12-12-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Schor can run just as well as Christion IMO. I think Schor is going to look like the better QB on Saturday because I think JMU's defense is going to frustrate Christion. They had Weber's QB befuddled most of the game but they gave up big plays that got him off the hook. If they clean that up, which I think they're more than capable of doing, then Christion will have his fair share of struggles.

You can't put too much stock in that Weber game. Going into that game JMU's defense had allowed 5 TDs while forcing 24 INTs. They are capable of frustrating the hell out of any QB in the country. SDSU's defense not so much.
    Schor took a lot of hits and really looked like he was feeling it late in the 3rd quarter. That's against a Big Fluffy defense (although better than most). If he gets to us, he's going to get sacked 24 times.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default SDSU at JMU Semi Final Thread

All of this plus if Taryn is forced to exit the pocket before he commits to running he still has the option to connect with a couple of future NFL receivers. Not sure if Schor has that benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Schor took a lot of hits and really looked like he was feeling it late in the 3rd quarter. That's against a Big Fluffy defense (although better than most). If he gets to us, he's going to get sacked 24 times.
    Yeah, I think NDSU's defense, with a healthy Deluca and Tanguay, is good enough to put him in the pressure cooker while he's back to pass and force him into making mistakes. I'm not so sure about SDSU's defense. The biggest variable is Schor seems to get a little careless from time to time and throws more INTs than he should (12 on the year). SDSU took advantage of some careless throws by Stick so they could do the same on Saturday if Schor gets careless.

Although I feel like, despite the loss earlier in the year, NDSU still matches up better with SDSU than they do with JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, I think NDSU's defense, with a healthy Deluca and Tanguay, is good enough to put him in the pressure cooker while he's back to pass and force him into making mistakes. I'm not so sure about SDSU's defense. The biggest variable is Schor seems to get a little careless from time to time and throws more INTs than he should (12 on the year). SDSU took advantage of some careless throws by Stick so they could do the same on Saturday if Schor gets careless.

Although I feel like, despite the loss earlier in the year, NDSU still matches up better with SDSU than they do with JMU.
    From what I saw on Friday, JMU would have a tough time scoring points on NDSU, especially if they can soften up Schor. I will go to my grave thinking Abdullah doesn't get those home runs with a healthy Tanguay or Deluca. Hell even a less hobbled PGT would have done something a little better. He's gone and they haven't replaced him.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Under no circumstances would I ever want SDSU to be in Frisco. No one knows the Bison better....
    Yeah, how many times do you think Ol Stiggy has given HELP to Bison opponents in prepping for the Bison----I hate that guy

Still think THEY COACH UP FAKE CRAMPS to SLOW DOWN UPTEMPO---I'm CALLING at LEAST TWO FAKE CRAMPS from SDSU Saturday!!!!! BOOK IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    From what I saw on Friday, JMU would have a tough time scoring points on NDSU, especially if they can soften up Schor. I will go to my grave thinking Abdullah doesn't get those home runs with a healthy Tanguay or Deluca. Hell even a less hobbled PGT would have done something a little better. He's gone and they haven't replaced him.
    That's true. I just think JMU's aggressive man defense would still be a massive challenge for Stick and the NDSU receivers. That game might be a replay of the first title game with SHSU where both defenses dominate.