Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU at JMU Semi Final Thread

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU at JMU Semi Final Thread

Goedert is far from loved on this board but it is just a rumor. He could play with one leg and people would still hate him. What help is a guy really if he's playing not playing at 100% and has the risk of hurting himself more? Whether it'd be for the next FCS game or future NFL opportunities he has? The Wentz and Goedert situations are very different IMO. Wentz had 3 months to come back to 100% and Goedert has 7 days and we don't even know how hurt he actually is.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Goedert is far from loved on this board but it is just a rumor. He could play with one leg and people would still hate him. What help is a guy really if he's playing not playing at 100% and has the risk of hurting himself more? Whether it'd be for the next FCS game or future NFL opportunities he has? The Wentz and Goedert situations are very different IMO. Wentz had 3 months to come back to 100% and Goedert has 7 days and we don't even know how hurt he actually is.
    Right. Goedert is already pegged as the #1 TE in the draft, this game won't change that one way or the other. Carson didn't have much body of work and while it was risky to come back there was also a big upside. I believe before he did so he was regarded by most as a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick. I don't think there's any question that his performance in that game and the character he showed by playing it helped his draft stock.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Decoy factor? You have to account for a guy like that, hurt or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Right. Goedert is already pegged as the #1 TE in the draft, this game won't change that one way or the other. Carson didn't have much body of work and while it was risky to come back there was also a big upside. I believe before he did so he was regarded by most as a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick. I don't think there's any question that his performance in that game and the character he showed by playing it helped his draft stock.
    I disagree. Carson was always going to shoot up draft boards at the Senior Bowl and in individual meetings. Once people met him, they fell in love.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I disagree. Carson was always going to shoot up draft boards at the Senior Bowl and in individual meetings. Once people met him, they fell in love.
    Perhaps...but he had no way of knowing that.

It doesn't really matter anyway I guess, I doubt Carson ever seriously considered sitting out just due to his competitive nature alone.

Decoy factor? You have to account for a guy like that, hurt or not.

Nobody knew that was going to happen before the Senior. It was during and after the Senoir bowl it took on a life of its own.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Playing in the chipper just added to the legend. Even if he'd of sat it out, I'd bet his performances at the senior bowl, combine, and individual workouts still would have shot him up the draft boards.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]

Nobody knew that was going to happen before the Senior. It was during and after the Senoir bowl it took on a life of its own.
    Quite frankly, that's a lie. You could easily tell people were going to fall in love with him after meeting him. How could you not? The kid is smart and grown up, in today's world that is severely lacking. Look at his football IQ. The writing was on the wall long before that game. I knew as soon as someone got him in a room talking X's and O's, they would fall in love with him...it only takes one team. Joe Flacco flew up draft boards because of the long ball competition before the draft.

You think a kid as well grounded and confident as him didn't think he would wow people? The competitor in him was going to play in Frisco regardless...but I don't for a second believe he didn't know he was going to shoot up draft boards.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quite frankly, that's a lie. You could easily tell people were going to fall in love with him after meeting him. How could you not? The kid is smart and grown up, in today's world that is severely lacking. Look at his football IQ. The writing was on the wall long before that game. I knew as soon as someone got him in a room talking X's and O's, they would fall in love with him...it only takes one team. Joe Flacco flew up draft boards because of the long ball competition before the draft.

You think a kid as well grounded and confident as him didn't think he would wow people? The competitor in him was going to play in Frisco regardless...but I don't for a second believe he didn't know he was going to shoot up draft boards.
    Believe what you wish. All the NFL teams had been to Fargo. All the real background talk that really had legs started at the senior bowl.
    Now give your CW blow up date doll a break.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Believe what you wish. All the NFL teams had been to Fargo. All the real background talk that really had legs started at the senior bowl.
    No shit all the teams had been here, whats your point? Totally different beast than giving a guy your playbook and him crushing it. Weirdly, after the Senior Bowl is when Wentz had some time to spend with those guys because he was done with his season...but you know, let your narrative take where you want.
    check neg rep

These teams know every QB in America. If one guy has a little bit of head steam...they'll do their due diligence. The senior bowl helps...but really, his pro day was well attended by 18 teams, some couldn't make it in due to weather.

These guys knew about Wentz probably in his first year. Hell, we did.