Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SHSU FCS Playoff SemiFinal

Default Re: SHSU FCS Playoff SemiFinal

Can't wait to hear "God Blessed Texas"

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    SHSU is consistently the worst 4th quarter team in the nation. I don't know how they do it.

I expect us to utterly crush them in the second half.

I also expect we'll hear all week about how much of a threat their speed is.
    I expect Sam Houston to win the second half. And still lose by 24.

This has our USD game written all over it. They may get a quick score early, but we will adjust and disrupt their offense. Then there's their defense we will move the ball all night long on. We are hungry for Frisco.

I'm sensing a little blood in the water Bison-Nation....I really, REALLY am!!!!!
    And....we need some "Khan" here too:

"Explain it to them............"

Faron
    Four-Seasons Maui @ Wailea.

Kennesaw had 470 total yards with 352 of that being rushing yards. Sammy cannot stop the run. Pound that crappy defense with the run all game long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    SHSU is consistently the worst 4th quarter team in the nation. I don't know how they do it.

I expect us to utterly crush them in the second half.

I also expect we'll hear all week about how much of a threat their speed is.
    Not sure how this is possible as we have faced them 2 times in the championship and this will be the second time in the semis
    If they were the worst 4th quarter team how would they make it deep in the playoffs consistently
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Not sure how this is possible as we have faced them 2 times in the championship and this will be the second time in the semis
    If they were the worst 4th quarter team how would they make it deep in the playoffs consistently

Probably because in the last 3 years they have been blown out by NDSU, Jacksonville State and JMU in the playoffs. Weak conference schedule padding their win total and getting a over deserved playoff ranking. Kudos to them winning their conference title most years but when they come up against a good defense they fold up like a cheap chair.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Probably because in the last 3 years they have been blown out by NDSU, Jacksonville State and JMU in the playoffs. Weak conference schedule padding their win total and getting a over deserved playoff ranking. Kudos to them winning their conference title most years but when they come up against a good defense they fold up like a cheap chair.
    Still doesn’t answer how they consistently make deep playoff runs
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Still doesn’t answer how they consistently make deep playoff runs

Like I said, kudos to them winning their perennially weak conference most years. Getting favorable seeds and beating up weaker teams until they face a legit defense deeper in the playoffs....that's how.

SHSU has great offenses but crappy defenses. They just outscore other teams until they face a very good defense. Has happened to them the last 3 years in the playoffs:

'16: Lost to JMU 65-7 --- JMU legit defense
    '15: Lost to Jacksonville State 62-10 --- JSU legit defense
    '14: Lost to NDSU 35-3 --- NDSU legit defense

Deep playoff runs? Sure, kudos to them but play some defense if you want to win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Like I said, kudos to them winning their perennially weak conference most years. Getting favorable seeds and beating up weaker teams until they face a legit defense deeper in the playoffs....that's how.

SHSU has great offenses but crappy defenses. They just outscore other teams until they face a very good defense. Has happened to them the last 3 years in the playoffs:

'16: Lost to JMU 65-7 --- JMU legit defense
    '15: Lost to Jacksonville State 62-10 --- JSU legit defense
    '14: Lost to NDSU 35-3 --- NDSU legit defense

Deep playoff runs? Sure, kudos to them but play some defense if you want to win the title.
    I’m not arguing any of that... just the terrible 4th quarter team I don’t comprehend or does it logically make sense
    They quite simply are not a championship caliber team
    TRUST THE PROCESS