Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SHSU FCS Playoff SemiFinal

Default Re: SHSU FCS Playoff SemiFinal

Good Luck to the Bison this weekend. I am hoping you lay the smack down to SHSU. The fans down there were absolutely terrible to deal with when we lost a couple of weeks ago. They were in our face and talking crap about "over rated MVFC." Too bad we came up short, I would have loved to take another trip to Fargo.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Why did he say it's important to contain Briscoe to the pocket? I heard he is not mobile at all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    He’s not. He has -88 rushing yards for his career.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by yodayote View Post
    Good Luck to the Bison this weekend. I am hoping you lay the smack down to SHSU. The fans down there were absolutely terrible to deal with when we lost a couple of weeks ago. They were in our face and talking crap about "over rated MVFC." Too bad we came up short, I would have loved to take another trip to Fargo.
    That's just dumb considering USD supposedly was one of the last teams to make the playoffs and they were seeded 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That's just dumb considering USD supposedly was one of the last teams to make the playoffs and they were seeded 6th.
    A bully is never going to pick on the biggest kid on the playground. That being said, I'd take USD 10/10 times against SHSU if it was USD that had the bye week. I just think they ran out of gas with the stretch that they had at the end of the year.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yes, please only look at the SDSU game tape, please.
    That was definitely a turning point in our season. I don't think we are anywhere near the team that showed up in Brookings that day.

Quote Originally Posted by yodayote View Post
    That's pretty weak of them...especially after you just beat their conference mates the week before.

I've had nothing but positive encounters with SH fans. We even parked our bus in their tailgate lot in frisco for round 2...none of the tires got slashed or Windows broken out after ndsu beat them soundly. I'm sure hearing about MVFC superiority from a certain online fan base gets old.

But you know what...They couldn't even win their pud conference.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

In keeler's defense on crowd noise. The last time he brought a team to the dome it wasn't even worthy of crowd noise.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    He’s not. He has -88 rushing yards for his career.
    C'mon now, gumby -- don't go short-changing him. He had 7 yards rushing his freshman year at Alabama-Birmingham. So -81.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Dude might end the game on friday with -81 rushing yards.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I was thinking about the coaches comments about his team being worn out towards the end of the year and I remebered the total plays stat for defense for SHSU. Maybe his team wouldnt be so worn out if they slowed it down a bit.

On D they average 77.6 plays/game. Their defense has played the most snaps of all FCS teams this year (1009). For comparison on two offense NDSU knows likes to play uber fast in turn giving the ball back quickly USD (70.1 D plays/game). Montana (77.1 D plays/game) and NDSU sitting at 56.5 d plays/game.

On the offensive side in plays per game SHSU (77.7) USD (81.9) Montana (78.1) NDSU (65.2)

So on average SHSU players are playing 33-34 more plays per game then NDSU. Over a season I bet that takes its toll because to this point that likes an extra 3 games for SHSU compared to NDSU in terms of plays.