Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SHSU FCS Playoff SemiFinal

Default Re: SHSU FCS Playoff SemiFinal

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Briscoe played golf today.... I'm guessing Easton would have been watching film (though I think Sammy's classes are done already).

NDSU really needs to move finals week ahead one week, so it doesnt interfere with Semifinal prep for the team (some purple)

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

NDSU Fall semester should end by August 1st. It just gets in the way of football.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    It says KC Keeler has been to 8 championship games total (including other division levels) but only won once. Ouch. Just shows how hard it is to win any let alone 5 in a row. Incredible.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ckpryor View Post
    SHSU alum here. Bison fans congrats on both of us making it to the semi's again. No news to anyone it's going to be very hard to beat you at home and I wish SHSU had a 10th of the fan support your Bison team does!
    My 2 cents worth take it or leave it. You curb stomp us again with a blow out or this will be one hell of a good close game. We have the most talent(IMO) this year than we have ever put on the field. It just seems to me we havn't performed up to all the athletic potential I know is out there yet we are still in the semi's. In my opinion this year it's due to the new offensive & defensive coaches not coaching these guys up to their potential. Here we are in the semi's anyway so I can't bitch too much! I said it last year & the start of this year all the pieces are there for us in 2017. It happens this year with this tremendous senior class or maybe never! If we come to play & don't get psyched out with the crowd noise & tremendous home field advantage it should be a gamer. I'm glad we are playing you in the dome instead of some other northern team in the cold outdoors. It helps us tremendously playing on turf & indoors & we need all the help we can get. I hope both teams come out healthy and the best team wins!
    On a second note I can't believe the line is 20. In one way I'm telling myself I'm stupid not to take 20 but after sleeping on it I've come to the conclusion I wouldn't bet on this game unless it's with someone else's $. I just think this game is wide open to what the outcome will be. We have been disrespected thru the playoffs with the betting lines yet here we are still in it. I don't know how the refs have been for the Bison this year but it has been horrific against us all year especially at our home games. These wins we've had should have been won by quite larger numbers but the refs have been terrible. Nothing anyone can do about it & not being a homer but it's the fact the refs have been horrible. This year have y'all seen terrible officiating in your games? Down here the officiating quality has been really poor this year.
    Welcome. Congrats on making it this far again. I like to have fun at Sam's expense but the fact is you don't rack up the playoff wins that y'all have without being a good team. I saw somewhere else, I think a Facebook FCS fans group, where someone had ranked teams of the past decade. They had Sam at anywhere from 4-6, imo Sam is 2. They had JMU/EWU ahead of y'all because they had won championships. The mods are EWU and JMU fans btw.

Anyhow, on officiating, I'd say the worst we've seen this year was down in Brookings during our game against SDSU, otherwise it's been pretty good this year.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Must watch SHSU press conference. 8 minute mark coach says the noise in the dome doesnt mean anything. Also he talks so slow he seems high or drunk.
    https://youtu.be/CD3SMKKsOsU
    WE'VE BEEN CHALLENGED BISON NATION---yell your asses off

I want to KILL THESE JACKASSES

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Welcome. Congrats on making it this far again. I like to have fun at Sam's expense but the fact is you don't rack up the playoff wins that y'all have without being a good team. I saw somewhere else, I think a Facebook FCS fans group, where someone had ranked teams of the past decade. They had Sam at anywhere from 4-6, imo Sam is 2. They had JMU/EWU ahead of y'all because they had won championships. The mods are EWU and JMU fans btw.

Anyhow, on officiating, I'd say the worst we've seen this year was down in Brookings during our game against SDSU, otherwise it's been pretty good this year.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Sam should be #2...

Look who they've beat in the playoffs this decade:

Cal Poly
    Chattanooga
    Colgate
    Eastern Washington
    Jackonsville State
    Kennesaw State
    McNeese State
    Montana
    Montana State x 2
    South Dakota
    Southeastern Louisiana
    Southern Utah x 2
    Stony Brook
    Villanova

That's a lot more wins that EWU (10) and a ton more than James Madison (6)

Post-season AP AA honors for Sam Houston players

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticl...B_OEM_ID=19900

Wide receiver Davion Davis and defensive lineman P.J. Hall were each named to the all-America first team, while quarterback Jeremiah Briscoe was named to the second team and wide receiver Nathan Stewart to the third team.

For Davis, it is his first AP all-America choice, and deservingly so after a junior season that saw him named the Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Year. The Hutto, Texas, native has hauled in 72 passes for 1,147 yards and 17 touchdowns this year as a receiver......
    Isn’t Davion Davis the WR who was injured late last weekend? Any news on his status?

Am looking forward to the Bison D going against 2016 Walter Payton Award winner Jeremiah Briscoe!

The honor adds to a lengthy list for Briscoe who is a top-three finalist for the Walter Payton Award, an honor to be handed out on January 5 prior to the FCS Championship game in Frisco. Briscoe won the honor a year ago and is seeking to become just the second player in FCS history, along with Appalachian State’s Armanti Edwards (2008 and 2009) to win the award.
    During that 2016 campaign he set an FCS record with 57 touchdown passes and has put up gaudy numbers once again in 2017. The trigger man for the top offense in the FCS, he has thrown for a SHSU single-season record 4,714 yards and with 286 more yards this year would become the first Bearkat in history to put together a 5,000-yard season. He leads the nation in total passing yards and passing yards per game, and his 44 touchdown passes once again leads the nation and will have him finish as the first FCS quarterback since Eastern Washington’s Bo Levi Mitchell to lead the nation in touchdown passes in consecutive seasons.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-12-2017 at 09:50 PM.

The #1 scoring offense vs our defense. (not sure where we rank but it's gotta be up there.) Should be a fun game!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The #1 scoring offense vs our defense. (not sure where we rank but it's gotta be up there.) Should be a fun game!
    FCS
    #1 scoring offense SHSU
    #2 scoring offense NDSU

# 1 scoring Defense NDSU
    # 107 scoring Defense SHSU

Team Stats SHSU
    EAM STATS
    Points per game.............................................. .................................45.6
    Yards per game.............................................. ................................ 552.4
    Yards passing per game.............................................. ............... 368.4
    Yards rushing per game.............................................. ............... 184.0
    Points allowed per game.............................................. ................29.4
    Yards allowed per game.............................................. ............... 438.8

Team stats NDSU
    TEAM STATS
    Points per game.............................................. ...............................39.0
    Yards per game.............................................. .............................. 444.6
    Yards passing per game.............................................. ............. 179.5
    Yards rushing per game.............................................. ............. 265.1
    Points allowed per game.............................................. ..............12.3
    Yards allowed per game.............................................. ............. 237.9