Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Und 12/9

Default Re: Und 12/9

I thought we did a great job attacking the rim. Ndsu did a lot of halfcourt isolation with miller, ward, and hunter who beat their man 1 on 1 to the hoop. Ndsu had to of doubled them up easily in the paint with their drives and dishes. I do think that worked last night because they had nobody that could guard the paint or keep in front of their man.

One thing I thought was absolutely glaring was how much better of a defensive team ndsu was comparable to und. If the fouls were evened out that game would have been an utter blowout. We probably shot the 3 out if our mind too but alot of those were good shots.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I thought we did a great job attacking the rim. Ndsu did a lot of halfcourt isolation with miller, ward, and hunter who beat their man 1 on 1 to the hoop. Ndsu had to of doubled them up easily in the paint with their drives and dishes. I do think that worked last night because they had nobody that could guard the paint or keep in front of their man.

One thing I thought was absolutely glaring was how much better of a defensive team ndsu was comparable to und. If the fouls were evened out that game would have been an utter blowout. We probably shot the 3 out if our mind too but alot of those were good shots.
    Every time we play a team with actual coaching and an actual system it reminds me how the talent on our roster is being wasted. I've wanted Jones to get fired for a good 5 years now. Last year really threw a wrench in that. He's been holding us back for a decade now.

Like I mentioned before I didn't watch very closely. Looking at the box score, Hunter and Ward took a a combined 9 shots that weren't threes and shot 4 free throws but had 9 assists. Miller must have taken most of them I assume?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Last night looked like everything we have wanted to see out of this team. Lot better play in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I didnt watch the whole game (flipping back and forth between Sam Houston) but it seems like we don't shoot enough free throws because we don't attack the rim.

Looking at the box score and watching some of the game, Paul Miller was the only player who attacks the basket and he didn't take a lot of free throws because he seemed to make all his shots.

The rest of the team just launches three pointers. AJ only took 6 shots and half of them were threes. Tyson Ward took 12 shots, half were threes. Samualson took 3 shots. 2 were threes.

Had Paul Miller not had a career game, would we have won? We outscored them in the paint but that was all Paul Miller
    NDSU had 18 assists, yes Paul played very well but a lot of baskets were assisted. It was a great team effort.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Last night looked like everything we have wanted to see out of this team. Lot better play in the paint.
    That's because UNDs defense sucks. Don't be fooled by this game. They have zero post presence. We could drive anytime we wanted to.

Hard to get to excited beating a very average UND squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UND isn't great but that team went on the road and took care of business. I felt like Dave had the team playing with more energy, bigger test for this team will be Sun Bowl tournament.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    That's because UNDs defense sucks. Don't be fooled by this game. They have zero post presence. We could drive anytime we wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    UND has talent but are poorly coached IMO. They are very undisciplined defensively though that's for sure.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    His feet weren't set.
    And they don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post

FWIW this is the first I've watched of the basketball team, but we have zero rim protectors. Post defense in general seemed poor.

Can Ward actually shoot? If I'm UND I think I want him shooting from the outside all day.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    And they don't have to be.

FWIW this is the first I've watched of the basketball team, but we have zero rim protectors. Post defense in general seemed poor.

Can Ward actually shoot? If I'm UND I think I want him shooting from the outside all day.
    You are correct on rim protectors, but Ward can shot.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.