Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Georgia Southern's TALON - Long Time no post - you just keep on winning!!!

Default Re: Georgia Southern's TALON - Long Time no post - you just keep on winning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Oh well a cats ass it is.
    Awesome to have you back on here...would so love to have another game against you guys when you are back at the top.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Default Re: Georgia Southern's TALON - Long Time no post - you just keep on winning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Very respectively "NOT TRUE"

Under Erk, GSU was leading FSU 4 minutes into the 4th, but lost as a 1aa team.
    GSU was leading Aubren 17 - 0 at the half but lost
    In Monken's last year at Southern GSU beat a sorry Florida. Still they were a P5 school.
    4 years ago under Fritz GSU took GT & NC State to the last 3 minutes of the game.
    3 years ago we took Georgia into double overtime but lost.
    And the list goes on.

For the last 2 years, GSU has had several coaches and we have sucked!

Look at the few teams that run the triple. They do well!

*************I'd be happy to debate you on how todays, quick, fast defenses can stop the triple. *******************

Trick is you have to have the right HC, staff and players as does any offensive scheme!

*NDSU is a prime example of this - consistency! GSU never has consistency at HC and scheme. We run the triple for 5 years then switch HCs & staff and expect to win.

And yes, I know NDSU has punched out more FBS schools than Southern

**Take 5 min. if you want to. PJ in the 1999 NC with over 500 yards rushing against Youngstown. I know I shouldn't place this on your board but I have very little to do except watch NDSU win another NC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhszINT8v4
    Respectfully very true. The higher level you go the less you see it ....there is a reason for that. Good teams with equal quality athletes will beat it 9 out of 10 times. There is just too much speed and discipline at the higher echelons of Football for it to consistently work. The better the football/players (less Talent disparities between teams) the more it becomes a gimmick to cover up inferior size and quality. This is why I said it a 3O scheme in today’s FCS is only good enough to get you to the 1/4finals. The Talent disparities should be gone by the time you get to the top few teams. Of course that’s 100% true at the FCS yet (Talent disparities lessening....but more teams are have potential). Hopefully the FCS having more quality teams is getting closer to a reality. I think it is not, but that is a different thread. However, my point is if it it does you will see less 3O teams deep in the FCS PO.

It was great, but like the VEER the game passed it up. BTW yes it works every now and then and Yes you see it thrown in other schemes, but you will never so a system built around it at the higher levels....at least not NC or NFL levels

I hope that FCS keeps getting better and it dies at this level as well.

BTW I have all the respect in the world for what GSU did at FCS...not trying to piss on anything.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 12-10-2017 at 04:32 AM.