Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern's TALON - Long Time no post - you just keep on winning!!!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Georgia Southern's TALON - Long Time no post - you just keep on winning!!!

I'm "sort" of glad you didn't win your 6th NC last year.

I mean it took GSU 3 back to back seasons to win 6.

So you had to skip a year for your 6th.

The last time I congratulated you I mentioned moving to FBS. ( I was beat down by some that had good points. Being in the lower level FBS conferences is OK. Still FCS has a true playoff system that provides a true National Champion & I miss that.

I think we all know that NDSU would be at the TOP of the Mountain West and place itself in contention for a bowl every year. You ALLWAYS have a great coaching staff and players.

GSU goes on a 5 year plan. We win with the Spread Triple Option & then the AD decides to move to some other offensive scheme where NDSU stays with what works for them. Then GSU goes back to the Spread Triple Option or some form of option attack & we win again but it takes several years to rebuild. (CRAZY) I hope our new Head Coach revives the program again after 2 sad years.

Being a GSU fan I don't know how I feel about NDSU getting its 6th NC in 7 years.
    *** Still "if you can do it you deserve it" and I sure can't wish you ill for being the best in FCS.
    Here's to #6!!!!!!!

TALON

Default Re: Georgia Southern's TALON - Long Time no post - you just keep on winning!!!

I've kept track of GSU since the move. Great program, great fans and great tradition. We had a nice little rivalry starting at the end there. Hopefully we can renew it sooner rather than later.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: Georgia Southern's TALON - Long Time no post - you just keep on winning!!!

I have always had a ton of respect for GSU... this season was hard for me to watch GSU fall apart. With the coaching change, I really hope you guys climb back to the top of the Sun Belt and the G-5. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I've kept track of GSU since the move. Great program, great fans and great tradition. We had a nice little rivalry starting at the end there. Hopefully we can renew it sooner rather than later.
    The ONLY game that was close was our last one. NDSU had a great game plan for us in the earlier games.
    In our last meeting you took the pitch man & full back as in earlier games, but our QB was much quicker and faster. He carried that game. Still the outcome was NDSU!

AS far as following GSU we had 2 good years 9-3, 9-4 and a bowl then our AD released our HC and we have had 2 miserable years. We have never lost as many games this year.
    Not even going back to WW2 when the program was disbanded .

This change a coach to a new scheme every 5 years is getting old and makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    I have always had a ton of respect for GSU... this season was hard for me to watch GSU fall apart. With the coaching change, I really hope you guys climb back to the top of the Sun Belt and the G-5. Good Luck!
    Its you guys that deserve all the respect in the world.
    I've looked at your record all the way back - way back. Your Coaching staff is constantly GREAT and you stick with what works

GSU has had its ups and downs with the Head Coach & scheme of the month club!

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    I'm "sort" of glad you didn't win your 6th NC last year.

I mean it took GSU 3 back to back seasons to win 6.

So you had to skip a year for your 6th.

The last time I congratulated you I mentioned moving to FBS. ( I was beat down by some that had good points. Being in the lower level FBS conferences is OK. Still FCS has a true playoff system that provides a true National Champion & I miss that.

I think we all know that NDSU would be at the TOP of the Mountain West and place itself in contention for a bowl every year. You ALLWAYS have a great coaching staff and players.

GSU goes on a 5 year plan. We win with the Spread Triple Option & then the AD decides to move to some other offensive scheme where NDSU stays with what works for them. Then GSU goes back to the Spread Triple Option or some form of option attack & we win again but it takes several years to rebuild. (CRAZY) I hope our new Head Coach revives the program again after 2 sad years.

Being a GSU fan I don't know how I feel about NDSU getting its 6th NC in 7 years.
    *** Still "if you can do it you deserve it" and I sure can't wish you ill for being the best in FCS.
    Here's to #6!!!!!!!

TALON
    How do you feel about the new hire? I was really surprised you guys didn't make a run at Ivin Jasper, I thought he would've been an amazing fit.

Jasper was off the table because his child is very ill, heart transplant, and the NAVY community is more than supportive.

I don't know about our new HC except he can be hard core.

Watch at the 4:40 sec. mark for 20 sec.

*(BOTTOM LEFT)

http://www.gseagles.com/index.aspx?path=football

Well, wish you the best no matter who you get!

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Georgia Southern and App should've stayed FCS. Coastal and Liberty as well. We're missing out on what could have been some amazing playoff matchups like the last game between NDSU and GSU.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Georgia Southern and App should've stayed FCS. Coastal and Liberty as well. We're missing out on what could have been some amazing playoff matchups like the last game between NDSU and GSU.
    Bigund - Maybe the first 2 years of Fritz as head coach but the last 2 years GSU would have been laughable at best & would not have made the playoffs.

Still I miss the playoffs.