Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Wofford Post Game Thoughts.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wofford Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    on the other hand, if someone didn't hit the punter in the endzone, NDSU would have had the ball in field goal range with the chance to make it a two score game.
    I agree. That was a huge momentum swing in that game. They were on the ropes ready for the knockout punch. Instead, new life and Bison defense on the field extra 6-7 minutes. One penalty had a huge effect on the course of that game.

However, I do agree that GSU TO was effective and is what gassed the Bison Defense after that penalty. CAS is correct when he asserts that if not for some dumb play by man-bear-pig GSU should have won that game.
    Last edited by Scooter1; 12-14-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Only if you have the right defenders. Might wanna look at their record and that if GSU’s prior to playing us, plus GSU basically beat us on paper in 2012. But for some shitty penalties late in our last drive, they beat us ... with the TO offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh I think there is merit in the TO, just because it is different and hard to prepare for. If they could add just a little bit of passing they would be dangerous. Keep in mind 1/4 of the teams in the playoffs last week ran some form of that offense.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Hopefully our Terrier friends have forgotten about their beatdown in Fargo with thier basketball team beating the defending champs in Chapel Hill tonight. Pretty amazing upset.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Georgia Southern did win 6 D1AA titles with the triple option between the mid 80s and early 2000s. I know I know it was before NDSU was D1 but in 2012 they were pretty much 1 play away from likely another national title.
    that's more of a testimony of the quality of fcs football at the time verses the ooo.

cas is right u have to have the horses to stop the ooo. the higher u go the more teams that have those players. it's a good sign for the quality of the fcs that teams that run the ooo are not winning NCs