Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderating

Default Moderating

I was looking through my emails and found this:

Just going to bump this up because I finally went through old emails and found this:

Hello, I appreciate you allowing me to post starting what seems like a few days ago. For what I'm about to say I apologize for wasting your time to enable my account in the first place. I have only posted a few times but after a couple of what I consider negative counter posts; I'm done with this site! After having had Bison season tickets for 3 years before I retired from the USAF in 2008 after 20 years; I thought this forum would be a good outlet to voice my opinions. I posted to 2 threads with one reply sent back a Good Lord emoji (from <name removed by tony>) and the other (from <name removed by tony>) which is longer in nature so I won't restate it now. Though both weren't super bad and I can take negative feedback as I dealt with it many times; I just don't want to have to deal with this for most of my posts. If I had used a lot of vulgarity in my posts then I could see receiving such negative replies in return. I've seen a number of posts with people going off on other people and still seeming to have ability to posts to threads! It's not that I can't deal with the negative feedback I just don't want to deal with something that's supposed to be fun among fans of the Bison. I never had any such feedback of a negative nature when we sat in the first row of the North endzone in 3 years as a season ticket holder. We were always talking about what might work better or if the Bison played well. Going to this thread I thought would be just the same; but I guess not!

If it was an initiation since I was new to this forum; it seems pointless! Senior Members should set the standard for proper conduct, etiquette, and use of language. Thank you again for the opportunity to join and Go Bison!
    I don't know exactly what went on. Oddly, I've never thought the two posters he mentioned have done either. Of course, I try to forget that stuff.

The poster may have have had a change of heart since then but, still, do you think I should get a little stricter on this kind of thing? I could delete the ruder posts if I see them. Certainly don't want to make a lot of work.

Default Re: Moderating

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I was looking through my emails and found this:

I don't know exactly what went on. Oddly, I've never thought the two posters he mentioned have done either. Of course, I try to forget that stuff.

The poster may have have had a change of heart since then but, still, do you think I should get a little stricter on this kind of thing? I could delete the ruder posts if I see them. Certainly don't want to make a lot of work.
    I've just decided to start using my ignore list.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are you serious? What he experienced is the unique charm of the site. If you didn't do it, I wouldn't even recognize the place. Every time I log on, I learn a new way to use the word shit. Apparently this guy didn't lurk very long before he started posting. I'll bet his tailgate isn't very fun and his rig isn't very nice either.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Honestly, this is part of learning messageboards. Every place I've been has quirks and don't dos. Usually, newbies get shit on for a bit and kind of learn how to go about things. If we weren't able to shit on people, this place would look a lot more like #1 Bison Fans on Facebook which is absolutely unreadable and totally embarrassing. Stupid opinions unchecked cause confirmation bias...and we all saw what happens with that in the last year. While I don't mean to squash on everyone's fun, you learn from your experiences and this is the nature of messageboards. Granted, this site probably attracts an older generation and it shows(no offense to anyone, it's just clear when you haven't been on messageboards as part of your generation) in some of the posts and naivety.

Sometimes you just need to call a spade a spade. Generally speaking, I know what threads from what posters to ignore to not annoy me...they appear sophomoric or very ND-esque.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

It's rough sometimes but look at the Joys and Concerns page.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My first experience went the same way but I just dished it right back...gotta grow some skin and balls, but with that said, some people on here have to know when to let go of the homerism as well, this is a fan board after all...one word of negativity and some people on here have a shit fit and we all fall in it. Sometimes I wonder if we are dealing with actual employees of NDSU athletics.

Nope. This board works just fine without overbearing moderation and nice police. Might as well just ban HailBison otherwise.

Snowflakes beware I says.

Wouldn't surprise me if I'm one of the people he's complaining about, and I'm a super nice guy.

Guessing this guy thought throwing Van Dellen into the game was the key to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Nope. This board works just fine without overbearing moderation and nice police. Might as well just ban HailBison otherwise.

Snowflakes beware I says.

Wouldn't surprise me if I'm one of the people he's complaining about, and I'm a super nice guy.

Guessing this guy thought throwing Van Dellen into the game was the key to victory.
    Spoiler alert...you were.

ndsubison1(formerly Ming) neg-repped me on my very first post and called me a (and I quote) "retard"! Still haven't gotten over that ...
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Free lakesbison
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?