Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Central MI

Default NDSU vs Central MI

12/10 #33 North Dakota State vs #12 Central Michigan https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/...ntral-michigan

WrestleStat has this dual 27-6 Central MI but I'm Not so sure it will be that lopsided

125 -- Paul Bianchi (8-5, 1-2) vs Drew Hildebrandt (9-7, 0-2)
    This can go either way but I think Biachi can pull out a win here.

133 -- #22 Cam Sykora vs 133 – Dresden Simon (10-5, 0-1)
    I think Cam will have a tough one but again here I think he wins.

141 -- Sam Hampton (4-4, 0-2) OR Nico Colunga (7-3, 0-1) vs 141 – #20 Mason Smith (13-3, 2-0)
    Smith is coming off a good showing at the Cliff Keen I think CMU wins this one unfortunately

149 -- Kyle Gliva (7-5, 0-2) OR Mitch Bengtson (3-2, 0-1) vs 149 – #3 Justin Oliver (11-1, 1-1)
    Oliver is on a roll right now and I don't think we have answer for him with whomever gets the start CMU wins another.

157 -- #15 Clay Ream (8-3, 2-1) vs 157 – Blake Montrie (3-4, 0-0)
    I don't think Clay will see Colin Heffernan on Sunday (unless he wrestles or weighs in at SDSU tonight) he injury defaulted out of the Cliff Keen I believe with a shoulder issue. Clay will need to pick up Bonus Points here to have a shot at winning the dual.

165 -- #16 Andrew Fogarty (17-5, 1-2) vs 165 – Logan Parks (6-5, 1-1)
    I think with the way Andrew is wrestling right now he should pick up a win and most likely with Bonus Points here as well.

174 -- Dylan Urbach (1-4, 0-2) OR Charley Popp (2-2, 0-1) vs 174 – #15 CJ Brucki (6-5, 1-1)
    The last meeting between Urbach and Brucki ended with Bricki with a Major. I hope Dylan ca close the gap this time and limit the damage. (Edges CMU)

184 -- Tyler McNutt (5-7, 0-3) vs 184 – #14 Jordan Ellingwood (8-5, 1-1)
    Ellingwood is coming off an 8th place finish at Cliff Keen, I hope Ty can bounce back and have a good showing this Sunday. (Edges CMU)

197 -- Cordell Eaton (6-4, 1-2) vs 197 – Jordan Atienza (10-5, 1-1)
    Cordell has been wrestling well and this is one that I think he can win.

285 -- Dan Stibral (5-4, 1-2) OR Brandon Metz (11-1, 0-0) vs 285 – Matt Stencel (10-6, 1-1)
    I don't think we will be seeing Metz here although they have him listed. I hope Big Dan can keep it close and not give up any Bonus point or maybe surprise us with a win. (Edges CMU)

Default Re: NDSU vs Central MI

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    149 -- Kyle Gliva (7-5, 0-2) OR Mitch Bengtson (3-2, 0-1) vs 149 – #3 Justin Oliver (11-1, 1-1)
    Oliver is on a roll right now and I don't think we have answer for him with whomever gets the start CMU wins another.

285 -- Dan Stibral (5-4, 1-2) OR Brandon Metz (11-1, 0-0) vs 285 – Matt Stencel (10-6, 1-1)
    I don't think we will be seeing Metz here although they have him listed. I hope Big Dan can keep it close and not give up any Bonus point or maybe surprise us with a win. (Edges CMU)
    It looks like Bengtson is headed to the UNI Open on Saturday, so I doubt we see him in the lineup on Sunday. The same thing goes for Metz, but I don't really expect him in the lineup this year anyway.

The most impressive thing I saw out of Smith tonight at SDSU was his high-kick routine during warm ups. I thought Pohlmeyer outwrestled him the entire match, well, except for giving up a reversal to lose in the last two seconds.

No Heffernan for CMU tonight vs SDSU. SDSU winds up winning by 4, but they likely lose by 4 with Heffernan healthy for CMU.

Nate Rotert looked great for SDSU and really won the dual for them with his major (that hurts me to type that).

SDSU wrestling fans are obnoxious idiots, like Iowa fans, only worse...big difference is they lack any semblance of knowledge and have no tradition of success like Iowa has. I love how Brady Ayers stalled the entire match without a call, and when 197 and HWT came around, the "Stalling" calls were being screamed in full force. Worse yet, there were fans on the fricking mat during the HWT match, which is complete BS and I hope SDSU is punished for that.

For CMU, a few notes:

Smith didn't look nearly as ready and good as he did at CKLV.

Brucki had some atrocious shot defense vs Kocer and Kocer got in on shots whenever he wanted.

Ellingwood had a really good gas tank.

Atienza looked small at 197, but had some great quickness and looks like he can scramble, which typically isn't a good thing for Cordell.

Stencel gassed HARD vs Macki at HWT. Macki is terrible and Stencel straight up broke and gave up at the end of the match.

125, 133, 157, 165, 197, and HWT are all very winnable for NDSU. I wouldn't have said HWT until Stencel lost to Macki, but man than was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    No Heffernan for CMU tonight vs SDSU. SDSU winds up winning by 4, but they likely lose by 4 with Heffernan healthy for CMU.

Nate Rotert looked great for SDSU and really won the dual for them with his major (that hurts me to type that).

SDSU wrestling fans are obnoxious idiots, like Iowa fans, only worse...big difference is they lack any semblance of knowledge and have no tradition of success like Iowa has. I love how Brady Ayers stalled the entire match without a call, and when 197 and HWT came around, the "Stalling" calls were being screamed in full force. Worse yet, there were fans on the fricking mat during the HWT match, which is complete BS and I hope SDSU is punished for that.

For CMU, a few notes:

Smith didn't look nearly as ready and good as he did at CKLV.

Brucki had some atrocious shot defense vs Kocer and Kocer got in on shots whenever he wanted.

Ellingwood had a really good gas tank.

Atienza looked small at 197, but had some great quickness and looks like he can scramble, which typically isn't a good thing for Cordell.

Stencel gassed HARD vs Macki at HWT. Macki is terrible and Stencel straight up broke and gave up at the end of the match.

125, 133, 157, 165, 197, and HWT are all very winnable for NDSU. I wouldn't have said HWT until Stencel lost to Macki, but man than was bad.
    Jacks win 23-16, actually. Would have loved to see Heffernan vs Zilverberg. Not sure it would have been auto win as you noted and surely not a for sure major for CMU.

Macki match was fantastic. Great to see for a guy who works his tail off and is probably the nicest kid you could ever meet.
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Jacks win 23-16, actually. Would have loved to see Heffernan vs Zilverberg. Not sure it would have been auto win as you noted and surely not a for sure major for CMU.

Macki match was fantastic. Great to see for a guy who works his tail off and is probably the nicest kid you could ever meet.
    Yeah, my bad on the score.

Heff vs ZBerg is by no means a slam dunk win for Heff, but he's consistently been the better guy and wins that match at least 75% of the time IMO. Super underrated guy

Honest question I've been wanting to know from anyone from SDSU. Why has Brady Ayers been getting starts? Mueller destroyed him this year and has more years left. I get wanting to reward a senior, but Mueller doesn't have a redshirt to burn and gives the team a better chance IMO.

We did not do very good at the UNI tournament today. The only placers were at 174 with Clingenpeel taking 3rd and Shearer taking 6th, Metz was the most disappointing. I think he needs to live in the weight room and certainly redshirt this year. Van Mannen might have placed if he did not get injured against Sutten who he was beating handily before the match got stopped. These true freshmen really need to develop this year and take over next year at maybe 49, 74 and HWT.

Quote Originally Posted by harleycowboy View Post
    We did not do very good at the UNI tournament today. The only placers were at 174 with Clingenpeel taking 3rd and Shearer taking 6th, Metz was the most disappointing. I think he needs to live in the weight room and certainly redshirt this year. Van Mannen might have placed if he did not get injured against Sutten who he was beating handily before the match got stopped. These true freshmen really need to develop this year and take over next year at maybe 49, 74 and HWT.
    The UNI open was tough to watch. We lost to Iowa Central too many times. I kept checking the NJCAA rankings for these guys, but I didn't find much. It seems like Metz is wrestling Greco by only looking for throws or body locks, but he didn't convert on many yesterday. When he tried throwing Vough from SDSU, it turned out very badly. I thought he would dominate as a true freshman, but I'm glad he has another year to work on things.

I would actually have liked to see urbach here.

After the first period, looks like I would've been wrong. Popp wrestling well, just worried he burned himself out already