Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 12/4 vs Missouri State

Default Re: 12/4 vs Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Didn't watch the game. Is Paul still playing the point?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Yes he was for too much of the game. There were times when Paul was running point and Hunter was setup in the corner waiting for a three ball shot. To me that is backwards and Paul should be the one there.

Also as Herdbot said that this team plays soft. No one wants to drive to the hoop on a regular basis. Get the contact and go to the line and shot some easy freethrows.
    That and learn how to rebound. Got shelled on that again last night.
    Brian Shawn said last night that D Miller likes to face the basket vs playing with his back to it. He is still learning how to play that way. Well if he has not learn it yet he never will and recruit a true back to the basket post player.
    I just love it when D Miller floats out to the three point line and shoots. really dark purple.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The team has skill but they are lost. We had chances to seize that game last night, but stupid substitutions and lineup changes for seemingly no reason. I feel like we are flailing our way to mediocrity.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Did I hear during the broadcast the Coach has the best record compared to the first 4 years of any other bison coach?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Did I hear during the broadcast the Coach has the best record compared to the first 4 years of any other bison coach?
    I wouldn't doubt it. Saul was 11-18 his first year and 14-15 his second year. He didn't win a Summit League tournament game until his 4th year as the HC.

Richman, to a certain extent, has become a victim of his own success. His team overachieved his first year by all accounts and they made it to the Summit League title game his 2nd year as the #4 seed. Given the slow end to last year and the slow start to this year this is the worst stretch for the team since Richman took over. Right or wrong coaches get more leeway with fans in their first year than they do in their 4th.

Saul's first year was the last year of transition....I am pretty sure the team was over .500 and of course he won the league in his second year.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Good thing the Bison have so many d2 teams on the schedule this year so this team has a shot at double digit wins this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it. Saul was 11-18 his first year and 14-15 his second year. He didn't win a Summit League tournament game until his 4th year as the HC.

Richman, to a certain extent, has become a victim of his own success. His team overachieved his first year by all accounts and they made it to the Summit League title game his 2nd year as the #4 seed. Given the slow end to last year and the slow start to this year this is the worst stretch for the team since Richman took over. Right or wrong coaches get more leeway with fans in their first year than they do in their 4th.
    Not true. Saul went 16-13 his first year(2007-8) then 26-7 in year 2(2008-9). That was the tourney team with Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Yes he was for too much of the game. There were times when Paul was running point and Hunter was setup in the corner waiting for a three ball shot. To me that is backwards and Paul should be the one there.

Also as Herdbot said that this team plays soft. No one wants to drive to the hoop on a regular basis. Get the contact and go to the line and shot some easy freethrows.
    That and learn how to rebound. Got shelled on that again last night.
    Brian Shawn said last night that D Miller likes to face the basket vs playing with his back to it. He is still learning how to play that way. Well if he has not learn it yet he never will and recruit a true back to the basket post player.
    I just love it when D Miller floats out to the three point line and shoots. really dark purple.
    Geu actually has a bit of back to basket game. Needs more muscle mass and development to finish better but it's there. This is one reason I want him playing more. He's not going to learn sitting on the bench. Rocky looks to have some too but not nearly as far along, probably should have RS'd him.

Our other "bigs" are offensively challenged and can't finish at the basket. They are also way too soft IMO. Need to play with more attitude like Dex had. I don't have much confidence in Richman recruiting or developing bigs. I just haven't seen it at all yet. Quite frankly I haven't seen much from any other positions to feel confident in his coaching abilities at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Geu actually has a bit of back to basket game. Needs more muscle mass and development to finish better but it's there. This is one reason I want him playing more. He's not going to learn sitting on the bench. Rocky looks to have some too but not nearly as far along, probably should have RS'd him.

Our other "bigs" are offensively challenged and can't finish at the basket. They are also way too soft IMO. Need to play with more attitude like Dex had. I don't have much confidence in Richman recruiting or developing bigs. I just haven't seen it at all yet. Quite frankly I haven't seen much from any other positions to feel confident in his coaching abilities at all.
    Geu did have a couple of strong moves in the lane last night. Agreed he should have more playing time. I think the reason Rocky did not redshirt was the lack of ability from what we currently had. If there is a way he would redshirt next year since Jordan will be playing. Then in 2019 have both of them in the lineup. I am not sure the staff thinking on this though.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Saul's first year was the last year of transition....I am pretty sure the team was over .500 and of course he won the league in his second year.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Not true. Saul went 16-13 his first year(2007-8) then 26-7 in year 2(2008-9). That was the tourney team with Woody.
    Yeah, my bad. Was thinking that Miles was around until Woody and Winks left.

However, that goes to show that Saul had the same, if not worse, growing pains as a HC than Richman is having. That team the year after the '09 tourney run had Tveidt and nobody else and the record showed it.