Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Quarters vs Wofford

Default Re: 2017 Quarters vs Wofford

Without trying to get into another stupid argument for just defending myself. I'm no longer going to respond to him. It always just escalates.

On ignore.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Of course he did. So I should just let him call me dumb. Got it.
    And not reading something that may enlighten and educate you, whatever the subject, is even more dumb. Plus I don’t recall you posting that, but you can’t resist responding to everything/in every thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Lot of folks are not going to like this, but I am worried about our DBs tackling and angle of pursuit. Our guys gave tried to launch at the opponents feat on most occasions and were unsuccessful in stopping the ball carrier from getting 1st downs. This will be an area of
    concern for me.
    We need our d line to be disruptive and get in the backfield. Hopefully they can take out the fullback dive and keep our lbs free to focus on the qb and pitch guy.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    I sure hope so. Daughter #2 has an out-of-town college awards dinner on Friday evening.
    Sure, just think about yourself. Maybe some of us would rather skip work and tail gate!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Would be fun to see the crowd at 2012 noise levels!

“South Carolina was a test and we did well with our communication,” Wofford head coach Mike Ayers said. “They have all the bells and whistles and the loud crowd, all that. Pretty impressive. It’s going to be kind of the same. But it’s way louder at North Dakota State because it’s an indoor facility. Offensively, it’s tough. Those folks pride themselves in having the most difficult and loudest place to play. I know they’ve got my vote.
    http://www.goupstate.com/sports/2017...cous-fargodome

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is Wofford still giving the ball to its FB as often as they did with Eric Bretenstein(sp?)? If so, speculating which Bison will be a difference maker on Saturday with a boatload of tackles leads me to believe it would be a MLB like GO in ‘12. Deluca would be that guy then. Also, Heagle was huge against GSU because he had Jaybo Shaw responsibility at the LOS. Will Robbie need to be up there stopping the QB? Can’t agree more that our studs on D will need to be sound and disciplined. I just haven’t seen as much film as GB123 so I can’t predict which guy specifically will shine.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Unfinished business for Wofford’s Brandon Goodson (QB)

After an injury spoiled last year’s playoff run, the Terriers quarterback is eager for another shot in the quarterfinals......

.....In addition to running the option offense to near perfection, Goodson has also passed for more than 1,000 yards.

“That’s way too many,” (Head Coach) Ayers said. “No, I’m kidding. It’s been great.”

Goodson is only the fourth Wofford quarterback since 1986 to pass for that many yards. Travis Wilson did it three times, Josh Collier once and Ben Widmyer set the program’s Division I record in 2008 with 1,284 yards. The all-time record is 1,610 yards set by Harold Chandler in 1970. Goodson is up to 1,052
    http://www.goupstate.com/news/201712...randon-goodson

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Is Wofford still giving the ball to its FB as often as they did with Eric Bretenstein(sp?)? If so, speculating which Bison will be a difference maker on Saturday with a boatload of tackles leads me to believe it would be a MLB like GO in ‘12. Deluca would be that guy then. Also, Heagle was huge against GSU because he had Jaybo Shaw responsibility at the LOS. Will Robbie need to be up there stopping the QB? Can’t agree more that our studs on D will need to be sound and disciplined. I just haven’t seen as much film as GB123 so I can’t predict which guy specifically will shine.
    I am thinking Steidel/Tanguay may have some impressive stops, if they get penetration, these guys can be huge disruptors for the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrocker View Post
    I am thinking Steidel/Tanguay may have some impressive stops, if they get penetration, these guys can be huge disruptors for the option.
    and the way Tanguay was moving on Saturday, I like our chances.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Well we couldn't run the ball against SDSU, a team we should have had no problem rolling up huge yardage on, so the possibility of not showing up against a solid defense is going to be there. What it looks like is Wofford wins close games and they keep the games ugly. We need to be careful, be patient and grind it out. I just hope Mess doesn't run it 3 times then give up and go shotgun crazy and have Stick chuck it all over.
    Usually I would agree with this, but not today. Today, I am making a prediction. This will be a breakout game for Desmond Cain. I believe our coaching staff has identified certain glaring weaknesses in their defense and Dez will be the perfect instrument for the surgical shredding of their defensive paradigm.