Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Quarters vs Wofford

Default Re: 2017 Quarters vs Wofford

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    One of my clients who is an NFL zealot supplied this handy link after I informed him there was a triple option crew coming to Fargo tomorrow morning. Sure hope Coach Entz and co. have this little goodie!

http://optionfootball.net/triple-option-football-101/
    It is all about assignments and ignoring the option part of the game. If have have an assignment, you hit that person as hard as you can with, or without the ball within reason. You do that correctly over and over, you win. In that example in the link, DE would likely have QB assignment and LB would have pitch man. Line and middle LB have to take care of the dive.

I just had the rube'est of rube moments in my life.

Had lunch at the Hotel Motel Holiday Inn, and as we were leaving saw quite a few people wearing Wofford gear. I wanted to welcome them to Fargo and talk a little football/tailgating with someone from the other side, so I walked up to guy and asked him something like "Hi! Are you part of the team or just up here as a fan?"

His reply was "Well, I am the head coach." I was more than slightly embarrassed.

What followed was a 2-3 minute discussion of them knowing what they are up against, what a HUGE impact our fans have in the FargoDome, and how much I enjoy watching option football ran to perfection. He fully expects the physicality to match/exceed what both teams saw in the 2012 match-up ("coach speak").

Bad news: I confirmed that I am a complete dork (but you guys already knew that).
    Good news: We know where to go for a 2am "fire alarm check."
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

Had lunch at the Hotel Motel Holiday Inn, and as we were leaving saw quite a few people wearing Wofford gear. I wanted to welcome them to Fargo and talk a little football/tailgating with someone from the other side, so I walked up to guy and asked him something like "Hi! Are you part of the team or just up here as a fan?"

His reply was "Well, I am the head coach." I was more than slightly embarrassed.

What followed was a 2-3 minute discussion of them knowing what they are up against, what a HUGE impact our fans have in the FargoDome, and how much I enjoy watching option football ran to perfection. He fully expects the physicality to match/exceed what both teams saw in the 2012 match-up ("coach speak").

Bad news: I confirmed that I am a complete dork (but you guys already knew that).
    Holiday inn huh, I thought the teams generally stayed at the Radisson downtown
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Who the hell eats lunch at the holiday inn unless it's a holiday and every place is closed?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Who the hell eats lunch at the holiday inn unless it's a holiday and every place is closed?
    Their buffet is top-notch!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

good thing it was only 2-3 minutes. You might have fallen asleep right there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Today is "National Take it in the Ear Day" and neither Chick-fil-a or The Turf are open yet.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Holiday Inn is where South Dakota and San Diego also stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    good thing it was only 2-3 minutes. You might have fallen asleep right there.
    If he is calling in the plays to the Offense, there will be a lot of "delay of game" penalties...
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Can't afford fancy digs with poor attendance at other venues in the playoffs.
    It's OK to not be OK.