Thread: FCS Playoff Quarterfinal Thread

Default Re: FCS Playoff Quarterfinal Thread

Sagarin lines

JMU -10
    SDSU -21
    KSU -0.5
    NDSU -21.5
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I'm just looking for ESPN's event transition to nothing more than unscripted reality shows.
    so football, baseball basketball lacrosse games 24-7....

I was thinking about this yesterday on the drive home from the game...

I would rather be the 2 seed than the 1. The committee is obviously stupid and look at flashy #'s. You get pud state as your #3 only "competition" on this side of the bracket.

with #1 like last year, you get NDSU, JMU (with like 2 losses that had them at a 4) and I forget who was 5, Sam Houston?

EWU had a cake walk but fucked that up because Youngstown beat all of the pud state competition on their side of the bracket.*cough JSU*...So you get these crappy conference winners(OVC, Southland conference) always are going to have a 2 or 3 seed shot because theyll be 10-1 or 11-0.

Now JMU gets stuck with 2 loss SDSU(2017s version of 2016 JMU), and we get the puds and JSU already lost.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I was thinking about this yesterday on the drive home from the game...

I would rather be the 2 seed than the 1. The committee is obviously stupid and look at flashy #'s. You get pud state as your #3 only "competition" on this side of the bracket.

with #1 like last year, you get NDSU, JMU (with like 2 losses that had them at a 4) and I forget who was 5, Sam Houston?

EWU had a cake walk but fucked that up because Youngstown beat all of the pud state competition on their side of the bracket.*cough JSU*...So you get these crappy conference winners(OVC, Southland conference) always are going to have a 2 or 3 seed shot because theyll be 10-1 or 11-0.

Now JMU gets stuck with 2 loss SDSU(2017s version of 2016 JMU), and we get the puds and JSU already lost.
    The committee messes up the tournament more with bad seeding than they do by picking the wrong at-large teams.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

If we can stay assignment sound against the triple option , I see Jabril having a huge day along with DeLuca. Our offensive line will need they A game against their tough line.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Jabril against their QB and McAfee is going to be a fun match up to watch. They can both fly.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    that’s OK. Of the 7 other teams still playing. If you got to pick your quarterfinal opponent maybe you’d take UNH instead of Wofford, but who else? Even with the “upsets” our draw is still very good.
    Not sure what this says about our half of the bracket but I always felt like Wofford was the toughest opponent in it. Solid, disciplined team that can stop the run. Option makes them tricky to prep for and they can pass it a bit out of the option.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Other kickoff times:

UNH @ SDSU 2PM ESPN3
    Kennesaw St @ SHSU 7:30PM ESPN3
    LOL SDSU on ESPN3. Does that mean all their fans will be at the game in Brookings? (extreme purple)

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    LOL SDSU on ESPN3. Does that mean all their fans will be at the game in Brookings? (extreme purple)
    All next week, Jackrabbits fans will receive a free quarterfinals ticket with purchase at any of the one Brookings Taco John's locations. Or by tweeting #TacoTickets to @GoJacksFB

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    All next week, Jackrabbits fans will receive a free quarterfinals ticket with purchase at any of the one Brookings Taco John's locations. Or by tweeting #TacoTickets to @GoJacksFB
    At least they could try and do something nice and receive a free ticket by bringing two can food items.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.