Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: FCS Playoff Quarterfinal Thread

Default Re: FCS Playoff Quarterfinal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

The best deterrent to faking injuries is shaming the violators incessantly... I trust you can handle that Bisonville.
    Agreed.

I hear Powerade is coming out with a new flavor specifically formulated to prevent cramping in climate controlled indoor environments. They're calling it Stiegelberry Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Agreed.

I hear Powerade is coming out with a new flavor specifically formulated to prevent cramping in climate controlled indoor environments. They're calling it Stiegelberry Blast.
    The Stiegelberries taste like Stiegelberries!

Agreed.

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Note sure this discussion was posted at the time, but....

FCS SEMIS: NDSU Wins In a Landslide, And It's Time We Redo Playoffs: This FCS Playoff setup is jacked up, and it is time we say it -- and it is time we fix it. Let's start rewarding the teams that deserve it.

https://herosports.com/fcs-playoffs/...ton-state-ajaj
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post

FCS SEMIS: NDSU Wins In a Landslide, And It's Time We Redo Playoffs: This FCS Playoff setup is jacked up, and it is time we say it -- and it is time we fix it. Let's start rewarding the teams that deserve it.

We'd have beaten all those teams too.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hadn't seen this before but he’s right and we basically had the discussion here contemporaneously. Some of the at large selections were dubious and the seeding was a disaster.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

No one bitched except bison fans the years we had to run the through tough teams to make the title game. Oh that is right it was for the most part MVFC teams we had to beat.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

While I certainly agree that the playoff system is screwed up, for all the reasons mentioned in the article, I remember my thoughts when the brackets came out in 2015: "If we can make it through this bracket to the championship game, we deserve to win it!"

But it would be nice to see the cream rise to the top on both sides, rather than great teams paired up in the early rounds. If the semis were all close games, the level of competition might even spark more nationwide interest. And the Natty would be less likely to be a blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    While I certainly agree that the playoff system is screwed up, for all the reasons mentioned in the article, I remember my thoughts when the brackets came out in 2015: "If we can make it through this bracket to the championship game, we deserve to win it!"

But it would be nice to see the cream rise to the top on both sides, rather than great teams paired up in the early rounds. If the semis were all close games, the level of competition might even spark more nationwide interest. And the Natty would be less likely to be a blowout.
    Well thank the Bunnies for screwing up that line of thinking. I think there was pretty good consensus they were a strong #3 team, but then they go and get completely annihilated in the semis. NAU and Cal Poly also screw this up losing to USD out of the pioneer in the opening round. Hard to explain when these teams ranked #2 in their "power" FCS conferences (MVFC, Pig Sty, CAA, etc) get upset in the playoffs.

Well thank the Bunnies for screwing up that line of thinking. I think there was pretty good consensus they were a strong #3 team, but then they go and get completely annihilated in the semis. NAU and Cal Poly also screw this up losing to USD out of the pioneer in the opening round. Hard to explain when these teams ranked #2 in their "power" FCS conferences (MVFC, Pig Sty, CAA, etc) get upset in the playoffs.
    Yeah, the Bunnies were the playoff exception this year - I honestly thought they had a chance to meet us in Frisco. But there have been past years where they might have gone all the way had they not faced the Bison in the second damn round.