Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego Post Game Thoughts

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: San Diego Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    This so much. Time to take the blinders off. Stick is great and he is doing well for us, but Streveler is in his own league and it is not even remotely close. Laughable to make the comparison actually.
    Especially since Streveler is a senior and Stick is a junior. Let's wait until next year at this time for a much more fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhp330 View Post
    You were doing great until #6 Take of your green colored glasses.

Nope. When you take them off you make posts like "We need to play better than this if we're going to keep winning." when we're up 30+ to nothing in a playoff game.

I'd rather be a homer.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Win is a win this time of year. We can and will need to play better. We have it in us. Onto the next game.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sweet Caroline won the fan vote. We were robbed.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Somehow we need to figure out a way to not string together “feeler” drives.

Clearly our scripted plays, both at the beginning of the game and after half, were successful...but we need to be able to produce offensively when a defense settles in.

I’m not saying we need to score every drive...or that every drive needs to be several minutes long...but lining up in shotgun, throwing 3 low percentage passes, and running 15 seconds off the clock isn’t Ndsu’s game...I don’t care if it’s 2017 or 2013.

It seems like we find ourselves struggling offensively thru the end of the 2nd qtr and our offense is highly ineffective. Hopefully we can find a consistent groove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Hey Bisonville, get off Stick’s ass. Kid is a leader and a stud. He’s 31-3, which is one less loss than Carson Wentz, and Stick has started more games, and started more playoff games than Wentz; which gave him way more opportunities to lose more games as bad as you characterize his play. As I said after the SDSU game, without him we don’t move forward in the playoffs, and if that isn’t obvious after the dismissal of VanDellen and the play of Davis in mop up today, then you are nuts. He’s not Brock and he’s not Carson, but that kid is really good, and he’s going to win two National Championships as a starter. He may not make it in the NFL, but neither did Walker, Brock, Bentrim, or Simdorn.

Cole Jirik said on Bison Hotline that it's tough to stay up when you have the other team beat. After 14-0 it was over.

Good for them for coming back out at halftime making it look better but I get what he was saying.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Cole Jirik said on Bison Hotline that it's tough to stay up when you have the other team beat. After 14-0 it was over.

Good for them for coming back out at halftime making it look better but I get what he was saying.
    I completely agree. The game was over after the first quarter. The guys will come to play against a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Sweet Caroline won the fan vote. We were robbed.
    Agreed. I wanted to throw a challenge flag from the stands.

****in' Bon Jovi...

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4x View Post
    The Good
    - RB's ran hard
    - Defense overall was dominate

The Bad
    - If NDSU continues to win in the playoffs it's due to the defense.
    - Stick needs to quit locking in on RJ. He's a head case right now, like a FG kicker in a rut. Some of his passes today were awful.
    - #95 beat CC like a drum today. The lines will need to play better next week for sure.
    - Need to start returning some kicks - I don't remember the last time we had a good return.
    Also worried it might be hard to develop depth at the receiver spot.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"