Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Milwaukee Dec 1st 7:00

Default NDSU @ Milwaukee Dec 1st 7:00

Well it is game day and will see how the team plays tonight. Lost to this team last year 79-74 in Milwaukee. Series is tied at 3-3. Shake off the last game and come out and played focused. Control the tempo. Take care of the ball and rebound like your life depended on it. We can slow these games down and make them a rock fight. Here is to a Bison win tonight on the hardwood. Go Bison.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Default Re: NDSU @ Milwaukee Dec 1st 7:00

oh goodness

Is anyone else listening to "The Mess in Milwaukee"?
    Panthers on long scoring runs, turnovers by the Bison, and a very poor shooting percentage.
    Halftime and it's been ugly.

I tuned in on ESPN for about 45 seconds. We were down by like 20. I turned it off.

Outrebounded 53-28

Shot 29% and 33% from the free throw line....

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post

Outrebounded 53-28

Shot 29% and 33% from the free throw line....
    I am going to sound like a broken record, but there is no reason to be out rebounded by that much. It is a pure lack of effort. Now the shooting from the field can be a result of defense. But make the extra pass to a better shot. Now for free throws at 33%!!!! Unless it was 1-3 ok. But come on. You ladies have been shooting this shot since grade school. . I have tried to stay as positive as possible through last year and early part of this season. However I am worried we will not see the progress we should be seeing. Players and coaches need to start looking at themselves and see how this can be corrected.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

(2) four point quarters... even at the end in garbage time that's all that we could muster?..... scheduling NAIA games, and still another to go, simply creates an artificial record... Effort level sucks, talent is questionable, but should be coached up to the D1 level... (I dont see it happening) We play another bottom level D1 team next... rio grande? ok whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I am going to sound like a broken record, but there is no reason to be out rebounded by that much. It is a pure lack of effort. Now the shooting from the field can be a result of defense. But make the extra pass to a better shot. Now for free throws at 33%!!!! Unless it was 1-3 ok. But come on. You ladies have been shooting this shot since grade school. . I have tried to stay as positive as possible through last year and early part of this season. However I am worried we will not see the progress we should be seeing. Players and coaches need to start looking at themselves and see how this can be corrected.

I think your 2nd sentence is spot on. Watching some of these games, it looks like the players have no fire and that is pure and simple poor coaching.

We all know where this program was and what it is now but teams like Milwaukee should not be beating a Bison team by 30 or 40 points.... ........or squeaking by a Valley City team (NAIA).....

33% on free throws.....goodness that is horrible at the D1 level...

Not sure how this season will go from here but Walseth needs to show she can actually coach or I hope ML gets rid of her.

Last year youth was an excuse. This year it's not. Well maybe a little. The only excuse this year is lack of height by experienced players. (see bad rebounding) SDSU has 9 players over 6 feet. We have 5 but 3 of them are true freshman, another a true sophomore, and a transfer. We lost our top 2 rebounders from last year

Not totally off the bandwagon yet. Depends on how the young bigs develop. Can't expect 3 true freshman to dominate right away but when they do we could be alright. We have some talent but need to get the 6-5 Macey Kvilvang on the fast development track

But why do we lack height? Recruiting from 3-4 years ago

This team has potential to be good next year or LATE this year depending on how the young tall players develop. I'm sick of saying that every year but given my low expectations from years of awful basketball I'm willing to be patient. In 2 years we could be great if the players develop their talents. Will be loaded with juniors and seniors.

Apparently our entire team managed to get get worse shooting over the whole off-season which is mind boggling. Hopefully it's a streaky thing.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-03-2017 at 03:41 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Last year youth was an excuse. This year it's not. The only excuse this year is lack of height by experienced players. SDSU has 9 players over 6 feet. We have 5 but 3 of them are true freshman, another a true sophomore, and a transfer.

Apparently our entire team managed to get get worse shooting over the whole off-season which is mind boggling

Not totally off the bandwagon yet. Depends on how the young bigs develop. Can't expect 3 true freshman to dominate right away but when they do we could be alright.

But why do we lack height? Recruiting from 3-4 years ago

This team has potential to be good next year or late this year. I'm sick of saying that every year. In 2 years we could be great if the players develop their talents. Will be loaded with juniors and seniors.
    Agree with this. Still looking for improvements for the whole team. I do believe there is talent out there. But players and coaches need to develop more. If not successful in two year it will be disappointing. I am not sure Coach will be around after next if not a very noticeable improvement. These are her players she recruited.