Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NDSU @ Milwaukee Dec 1st 7:00

Default Re: NDSU @ Milwaukee Dec 1st 7:00

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Agree with this. Still looking for improvements for the whole team. I do believe there is talent out there. But players and coaches need to develop more. If not successful in two year it will be disappointing. I am not sure Coach will be around after next if not a very noticeable improvement. These are her players she recruited.
    The 6-5 Macey Kvilvang is uber talented and was recruited by Big Ten teams. Unfortunately a year ago she was playing ND high school basketball and should have red shirted but when your program is struggling, can't do that. Heck we played 5 true freshman last year for that same reason

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The 6-5 Macey Kvilvang is uber talented and was recruited by Big Ten teams. Unfortunately a year ago she was playing ND high school basketball and should have red shirted but when your program is struggling, can't do that. Heck we played 5 true freshman last year for that same reason
    What I have noticed is the bigs don't have a post move, Kvilvang might be talented but she has zero moves posting up, all she does right now is turn and shoot...she's 6'5" she should be able to lay the ball up with a simple move. I saw a glimpse of it in Milwaukee by Voegeli when she posted up and made a nice pivot move and made the shot but other than that nobody on that team can post. Reilly Jacobson can shoot a great 12-15 footer but that is all, I haven't seen enough of Dietz yet to pass judgement.

Some of the turnovers blows my mind...the horrible passes and sloppy play just leads to turnovers and more turnovers, those fast transition points from the other teams are killing the Bison...maybe Walseth needs to slow the game down a bit even though she loves to run and gun but this team isn't built for that. They are slow, not athletic enough for DI play, and make horrible decisions. Coaching and recruiting has to improve, so I agree with some of the sentiments above about Walseth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    What I have noticed is the bigs don't have a post move, Kvilvang might be talented but she has zero moves posting up, all she does right now is turn and shoot...she's 6'5" she should be able to lay the ball up with a simple move. I saw a glimpse of it in Milwaukee by Voegeli when she posted up and made a nice pivot move and made the shot but other than that nobody on that team can post. Reilly Jacobson can shoot a great 12-15 footer but that is all, I haven't seen enough of Dietz yet to pass judgement.

Some of the turnovers blows my mind...the horrible passes and sloppy play just leads to turnovers and more turnovers, those fast transition points from the other teams are killing the Bison...maybe Walseth needs to slow the game down a bit even though she loves to run and gun but this team isn't built for that. They are slow, not athletic enough for DI play, and make horrible decisions. Coaching and recruiting has to improve, so I agree with some of the sentiments above about Walseth.
    Kvilvang doesn't have any D1 post moves because she hadn't had a year in the system or enough time with the coaches to develop them. She was playing high school competition way too recently. That's why she should have redshirted but when your team has no tall players, you need to get them up to speed quickly.

But if the other players haven't developed any post moves, that's either on the players, coaches, or both.

Turnovers happen because you are tired either physically or mentally.

To be a great D1 player you need to put in the work. Larry Bird used to stay after practice and not leave until he hit 40 straight free throws. Some days he was there really late.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

njit umass umbc

only 3 D1 wins.

they are 3-3 in D1 they will lose 9 of next 10 *and no i wont count UT rio grand state or dakota state (naia)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?