Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/29 Bison vs Buffaloes

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 11/29 Bison vs Buffaloes

No. it's not. I don't understand why we suck so bad. Every year. It's beyond frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    No. it's not. I don't understand why we suck so bad. Every year. It's beyond frustrating.

To start off with is there are 13 players on the team and we have 1 senior, 2 jr. and 6 soph and 4 fr. The team is extremely young. Now that excuse really does not hold water after this year or even late in the current season. Reason for that is the sophs have played extended minutes already in their young careers. Now that does not excuse some of the most basic concepts in playing basketball. Rebounding-we do it poorly. We rarely boxout. Hustle back on defense-we got beat on that badly last game. Ball control has been better this year but still can improve. Closing out on 3-point shooters has been better this year. Post play inside is still lacking- we have young post players. I do like the part of playing a lot of players and going deep into the bench. Players should be fresher later in the game. But you also have to know who your horses are that you can ride down the stretch of a game and close it out. I am not a big fan of the motion offense coach is trying to put in. I would much rather see some set plays and have the team execute them. As I have said before this team should be judged on improving rather than just wins and losses. If you are improving you should be winning more games. Winning become a habit and it makes it fun to play basketball. I continue to hear that this team is working together better. There must have been some serious issues last year with team chemistry and it appears to be getting better, at least from what I am hearing. But at the end of the day we need to win and play well. I try to stay positive with the team and coach but things need to get better or there will need to be changes made.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    To start off with is there are 13 players on the team and we have 1 senior, 2 jr. and 6 soph and 4 fr. The team is extremely young. Now that excuse really does not hold water after this year or even late in the current season. Reason for that is the sophs have played extended minutes already in their young careers. Now that does not excuse some of the most basic concepts in playing basketball. Rebounding-we do it poorly. We rarely boxout. Hustle back on defense-we got beat on that badly last game. Ball control has been better this year but still can improve. Closing out on 3-point shooters has been better this year. Post play inside is still lacking- we have young post players. I do like the part of playing a lot of players and going deep into the bench. Players should be fresher later in the game. But you also have to know who your horses are that you can ride down the stretch of a game and close it out. I am not a big fan of the motion offense coach is trying to put in. I would much rather see some set plays and have the team execute them. As I have said before this team should be judged on improving rather than just wins and losses. If you are improving you should be winning more games. Winning become a habit and it makes it fun to play basketball. I continue to hear that this team is working together better. There must have been some serious issues last year with team chemistry and it appears to be getting better, at least from what I am hearing. But at the end of the day we need to win and play well. I try to stay positive with the team and coach but things need to get better or there will need to be changes made.
    all that said... I think the overall talent of these players just isn't that good. looks very highschoolish... Been this way especially year two and three of Walseth.. This year looks the same... Looks like her best team was the one she inherited. At least Walseth's first year's team was kinda exciting to watch. She did well with those girls. down hill since

That was embarrassing. You shouldn't lose to the Minnesota Lynx by 50. My god ladies WTF that was one of the most embarrassing losses ever.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We shot 25 percent from the floor! 25 percent!! 27 percent from three point range. We were out-rebounded by 27!!! That is pathetic at every level.