Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Game 11/28 SFA

Default Re: Road Game 11/28 SFA

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Without seeing the game, what more can Miller do? Just looking at box score he did tie for most turnovers, but also lead the team in points, rebounds, assists, and 2nd in steals.
    He has been a turnover machine early this season. He could take care off the ball.

Watch the replay...all his turnovers were horrible. Bad shots and his body language made Jay Cutler look good. Richman needs to pull him aside. He has done it in the past and I see why. Absolutely pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    They only lead nation in steals...

Also, similar to us they have a very impressive home record.

Had our chances for sure, clearly the turnovers were a huge factor. Simply can't win games with that many. Only got 3 bench points, lots of missed bunnies at the rim. Defensively we were outstanding. Some say there is no leadership on this team and I beg to differ. A leaderless team loses that game by 20-30 points. For as bad as it was offensively (it was all-time bad) the guys didn't let it get to them defensively and to their credit kept themselves in the game.

Sucks losing though and especially to a quality opponent.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    They lead the nation in steals yeah sure. 4 of their 6 opponents were d2, d3, or NAIA! The Bison turned it over more than any of those teams. That is absolutely embarrassing. I said going into this game we sucked versus pressure but thought we were getting better. Holy shit was I wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Bison did play good D tonight but SFA shot like shit too and that was the real reason we didn't lose by 30. Bison were really luck to be in this game. Totally out coached, outplayed, and yes the leaders of this team were absent to boot! Earth to Paul Miller the Bison basketball needs you!
    I'll have to rewatch the game but to me it was a lot more then simply SFA missing open shots...The bison defended very well and a lot of the time deep into the shot clock. Did a great job denying the post touches and won the battle on the glass.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Did Hunter get injured or not play much? Box score seems he did very little.
    punished by Richman for being a stud and scoring 26 points in that 1 game. that's a no no in this system
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The lack of speed and quickness also contributes to turnovers and this team has zero quickness and speed other than Hunter. Also I think I'm playing Kreuser or Geu in that long stretch Eliason was in in the 2nd half...

Without seeing the game, what more can Miller do? Just looking at box score he did tie for most turnovers, but also lead the team in points, rebounds, assists, and 2nd in steals.
    We are nothing without Paul Miller. Wish we had two more of him.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

2 stats that jump out are obvious TO's but they shot 17 more free throws than the Bison. Bison beat them in almost category except Turnovers, steals, and free throws.
    Big reason for free throw difference is that we do not drive to the hoop as much as other teams. Get the layup of force a foul. Jump shooters don't get fouled much.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Richman has been handed the keys to a Cadallic and is slowly turning it into a Geo Metro. I mean holy shit he actually makes a decent halftime adjustment to start the second half. The good coach that SFA has immediately calls a TO to counter. Really too bad Richman doesn't have another 20 minute half to make another adjustment because you know an actual in game adjustment is not in his skill set. It doesn't help that Paul Miller is saying like a true freshman and a little cry baby. My god man up and start playing like a Senior and the leader of this team. It only took 4 minutes left in the 2nd half before Richman figured out they could back cut that oover aggressive D and because it worked they didn't even try it again. This team has the talent but I'm sorry Richman does not have the coaching ability to take this team where it has the potential to go. Let's get a real coach in here to lead Bison nation before we hit rock bottom of the Summit.
    Correct on halftime adjustment with using a backcut but my question is why did that take so long to do. When playing a team that is over aggressive on defense you use that against them and backcut their asses all day.

A few thoughts from the SFA perspective:

- SFA is literally built to win these kinds of games. 28 turnovers isn't a crazy number with the way they play defense. You may say some of them were unforced, and you're right, but that style of defense gets into heads and creates unforced errors. It has been the trademark style of SFA for over a decade and it was entirely responsible for the 14-3 seed upset in the tournament a couple years ago.

- Both these teams are better than they looked. In January-March, this is going to be considered a much bigger game than it seems like now. SFA is probably a tournament team (the Southland sucks) you have one team standing between you and the same (SDSU).

- NDSU did an incredible job neutralizing TJ Holyfield. He was SFA's leading scorer and averaging just under 20 points. I'm going to go back and watch what you did for some of my postgame coverage but he was all out of sorts on the offensive side. Very uncharacteristic.

- The crowd was meh. I thought they'd be a factor in the game but a big event was happening across campus and there were only officially 4,398 in the stands. The slow pace of the game never really got the crowd into it. Those low scoring affairs do favor SFA but I thought the dud of a game really neutralized a typically very big home court advantage.