Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Road Game 11/28 SFA

Default Re: Road Game 11/28 SFA

We have 8 guards listed on the roster, who are the supposed PG's? Paul is not a PG, wtf does Richman have him there??

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    We have 8 guards listed on the roster, who are the supposed PG's? Paul is not a PG, wtf does Richman have him there??
    Cam is not ready and Samuelson is kind of limited based on the match up.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Cam is not ready and Samuelson is kind of limited based on the match up.
    Why not? He's looked good to me, no worse then PM has at the point. So we only have 1 PG on the roster? Because Samuelson is not a PG IMO, he's a spot up 3 shooter.

Why not? He's looked good to me, no worse then PM has at the point. So we only have 1 PG on the roster? Because Samuelson is not a PG IMO, he's a spot up 3 shooter.
    He isn't consistent enough, has flashes of brilliance and then some not so great moments. Probably not quite ready defensively either. I think Dave is kind of grooming Paul for down the road this season, he has gotten better but SFA is just one of those teams that isn't a good match up. People are freaking out but no team in the Summit defends like they do, nobody is really even close.

Hopefully Cam becomes more consistent and can progress his way into the lineup but he has a ways to go. Losing Khy was such a big hit offensively and defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    He isn't consistent enough, has flashes of brilliance and then some not so great moments. Probably not quite ready defensively either. I think Dave is kind of grooming Paul for down the road this season, he has gotten better but SFA is just one of those teams that isn't a good match up. People are freaking out but no team in the Summit defends like they do, nobody is really even close.

Hopefully Cam becomes more consistent and can progress his way into the lineup but he has a ways to go. Losing Khy was such a big hit offensively and defensively.
    Seems like Richman dropped the ball recruiting wise if we are so PG deficient because 1 player decided to leave.

Seems like Richman dropped the ball recruiting wise if we are so PG deficient because 1 player decided to leave.
    Yeah, it isn't a good situation and there isn't really a good excuse for it other than maybe he had no idea Khy was thinking of leaving. Finding good bigs is hard, point guards though are a bit more plentiful.

We seem to be the only competitive school in the Summit that has issues recruiting bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    We seem to be the only competitive school in the Summit that has issues recruiting bigs.
    Because when your main offense is the weave, bigs don't really fit into that.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

We have barely run the weave at all this year. We didn't run it at all his first year with LA. The offense in general is a problem, but Imo not the main issue.

I don't care to hear any more about Khy, the main concern Imo is the inability to recruit and/or develop any inside prescence. Espite what everyone keeps saying, it isn't hard to find inside players. We don't need marshall bjorklunds everyotheryear. Get a defensive prescence so our guards, who are actually really good good defenders, can just guard the perimeter instead of continuing to have to collapse inside to help our lack of interior. Hopefully kreuser can continue to develop, and miller/Eliason can become good at something so we don't have to play kreuser at the 5, which basically renders his role of why he's here useless.

Since a richman been here, we have 1 big who started since his freshman season who can't seem to give the Bison more than 10 minutes a game of productivity, another whos finally seeing limited action as a junior, and a third who wasn't good enough to play in our starved lack of interior and transferred. A freshman thus year thwt could be pretty his good his Jr year as long as he's able to play his role and another 5, and another freshman redshirt in who had a hello long ways to go before he can even enter the conversation.

Recruiting/developing has been incredibly underwhelming, to put it mildly.