Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Road Game 11/28 SFA

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Road Game 11/28 SFA

Paul Miller played really hard last night. We would really struggle to score without him. Also, he is playing out of position as a PG so the turnovers are a little to be expected. It would be like putting Klay Thompson at PG. People need to get over his facial expressions and I know some on here are comparing him to Cutler. What about Peyton Manning. Peyton had terrible facial expressions and hung his head all the time. How about we compare Paul to Peyton.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Last night was the most frustrated I have ever seen Tyson Ward. They did a great job at defending him.

We lost about every 50/50 ball all over the court.

We looked lost on Offense.

They were smothering Paul and Tyson and were going to make someone else beat them. It didn't happen.

I absolutely loved watching the defensive play by both teams last night. It was fun to watch.

AJ getting fouls early was a tough break as it was a nightmare matchup for Geu as it accentuated the mistakes he makes in his game.

Not having a good offensive 5 really hurt as we could not get it down low and score with consistency when they were pressing outside.

If anyone wants to listen, here are the comments from SFA’s Kyle Keller on NDSU and the game: https://sfasawmill.com/s/307/raw-aud...h-dakota-state

SFA is 78-3 in their last 81 home games. They are a good team that doesnt lose at home. I still like what this team brings to the floor. Remember, other then Paul and AJ, this is a pretty young team. The team we see today and the team ee see in March will be vastly different.
    Last edited by Bison03; 11-29-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Didn't really watch the game, but SFA has been a very good mid major last 7-8 years

What struck me defensively was how far out they defended both on and off the ball in the half court. We didn't have a good answer for having perimeter passing lanes taken away. SFA had great quickness and length combined with a solid understanding of defensive rotation. I think Ward was slow to adjust to how tight the lanes were and struggled to make the seam pass off the roll.

I know many here are calling for Geu to get significantly more minutes, but he looks lost to me especially in the offensive set. He doesn't yet have a great feel for the spacing and often puts his defender in a position to guard him and help on the ball.

I like how SFA "uglied" it up and I think we could be a similar team. We have the ability to have great back court defense with the length that P Miller, Ward, AJ, and Quayle bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by iniedrauer View Post
    If anyone wants to listen, here are the comments from SFA’s Kyle Keller on NDSU and the game: https://sfasawmill.com/s/307/raw-aud...h-dakota-state
    Thanks for sharing...best of luck the rest of the way.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Eliason plays hard but he's just a complete liability on the offensive end.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Spencer can't catch a beach ball tonight.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    Big kid. No lack of effort. But we really lack a low post game.

Quote Originally Posted by grizlandbisonfan View Post
    What struck me defensively was how far out they defended both on and off the ball in the half court. We didn't have a good answer for having perimeter passing lanes taken away. SFA had great quickness and length combined with a solid understanding of defensive rotation. I think Ward was slow to adjust to how tight the lanes were and struggled to make the seam pass off the roll.

I know many here are calling for Geu to get significantly more minutes, but he looks lost to me especially in the offensive set. He doesn't yet have a great feel for the spacing and often puts his defender in a position to guard him and help on the ball.

I like how SFA "uglied" it up and I think we could be a similar team. We have the ability to have great back court defense with the length that P Miller, Ward, AJ, and Quayle bring to the table.
    They were so much more athletic than NDSU it was significantly glaring. NDSU IMO was a much more disciplined defensive team and team rebounding than SFA, but the offense is a hot mess and that compounded with their athleticism created a perfect storm of turnovers. SFA was a ta breaking point a few times of breaking that game open but NDSU's defense kept them in it.

Season thoughts:

- NDSU's defense has been really good, aside from the individual performance of embarrassment that first game of the year.
    - I think NDSU is clearly the 3rd best team in the Summit. Denver isn't as good as I would have thought. SDSU and USD are simply on another level than everybody.
    - I hated the Quayle kid at the beginning, but he does some good things and I think he's going to be a good role player.
    - Kreuser might be the only effective "big" we have on the roster including the redshirts and I'm basing that on potential and little moments.
    - Ball security will be a major issue with this team all year. Top 3 ballhandlers have almost 10 TO's a game.
    - Paul Miller doesn't get enough credit within the fanbase for everything he does. I read how you guys bash that kid over and over, but he leads the team in scoring, rebounds, assists, steals, and is 2nd on the team in blocks. Most significantly, the kid is doing all that being forced into playing a position he has no business playing. His responsibilities there have no doubt taken away from his explosiveness as a scorer but he's making up for it in other areas.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    SFA is 78-3 in their last 81 home games. They are a good team that doesnt lose at home. I still like what this yeam brings to the floor. Remember, other then Paul and AJ, this is a pretty young team. The team we see today and the team ee see in March will be vastly different.
    I HOPE SO....cause they didn't look good---very frustrating game to watch---SHOULD HAVE won in my opinion

RUN A SET coach to ISO guys ....draw something up to counter them denying so hard