Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Receiving Crew

Default Re: 2018 Receiving Crew

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I think Hendricks will be a stud WR next year. Okay, maybe purple...
    This post needs more rep.

Receiving crew next year will be just fine.
    Christian Watson, Was a nice get when he signed, Unproven in college, yes..
    Pimienta, Volen, Isais, Yaggie, Kizeski, do not know much on these.
    Dimitri Williams is back and we know what he can do.
    Desmond Cain, will get plenty of opportunities
    Darrius Shepherd, boom time for him again.
    Gindorff and Ellefson will both need to stepup
    Dallas Freemen stay out of trouble and he will contribute
    Couple other TE but do not know much on them either.

The ones in bold need to step up and lead the receiving crew.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Didn't they wide receivers used to joke that they were "wide blockers" back in the 80s?
    I think the term we used was "Perimeter Ram" [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    RJ, Wentz and Ilies move on but Shep, Cane, Williams and Freeman are back plus Jenson and Ellefeson add in Brooks out of backfield. Where do you think our receiving corps has ranked in the last couple seasons? Is next year's group any worse than the previous two?
    I think our receiver core next year will be really really good. New OC and the receivers will improve working together for a year. Shep is a stud. Cain will have a full year in the system (and spring) and is as talented as anyone. Dimitri will be a senior and may be the best athlete out of the group and Freeman will be a senior.

I really like the young kids too. Christian Watson has mega potential. Size and speed. I am interested to see what the group of younger players can do Voyen (great size), Trevor Heit, and some of the other guys can do. Another interesting name is Cordell Pimienta. We recruited him out of Florida but it was late and we ran out of scholarship money. He went D2 at an area school and sat out the year due to transferring up. Kids pretty talented.

Seems like receiver is one of those spots where a player you don't expect to rise to the top does. (ie RJ as a true freshman)

and like you mentioned... our TE's are crazy good

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Receiving crew next year will be just fine.
    Christian Watson, Was a nice get when he signed, Unproven in college, yes..
    Pimienta, Volen, Isais, Yaggie, Kizeski, do not know much on these.
    Dimitri Williams is back and we know what he can do.
    Desmond Cain, will get plenty of opportunities
    Darrius Shepherd, boom time for him again.
    Gindorff and Ellefson will both need to stepup
    Dallas Freemen stay out of trouble and he will contribute
    Couple other TE but do not know much on them either.

The ones in bold need to step up and lead the receiving crew.
    Keeping the redshirt on Christian Watson is huge for the future of NDSU receivers.
    Williams, Shepherd, Cain and Freeman give you a solid 2 deep and give Watson time to challenge for playing time.
    Anderson, Jensen and Elefson will be challenged hard by Gindorff...

This next class needs 3 really good WR because we lose a ton after next season. If I were a WR at a FBS program and wanted more playing time....NDSU may be worth investigating.
    Time for Desmond Cain to step up and show what we know he can do......We may see it on Saturday.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    Keeping the redshirt on Christian Watson is huge for the future of NDSU receivers.
    Williams, Shepherd, Cain and Freeman give you a solid 2 deep and give Watson time to challenge for playing time.
    Anderson, Jensen and Elefson will be challenged hard by Gindorff...

This next class needs 3 really good WR because we lose a ton after next season. If I were a WR at a FBS program and wanted more playing time....NDSU may be worth investigating.
    Time for Desmond Cain to step up and show what we know he can do......We may see it on Saturday.
    He hasn't gotten the ball a lot yet but when he has it just seems like he has a little more of a burst than what RJ or Shep have. Hopefully he can get a few more touches.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    He hasn't gotten the ball a lot yet but when he has it just seems like he has a little more of a burst than what RJ or Shep have. Hopefully he can get a few more touches.
    Easton needs to find him, multiple games he was open but Easton didn't look past RJ, he needs to look further than his comfort zone which is RJ
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Our WR's are probably a lot better than what we have seen, maybe if they would run some plays that get the ball in their hands a bit more often, again, quick hit stuff over and across the middle, screens, skinny posts. I like this team a lot but I cant really say it has had an offensive identity this year as it almost always has in the past. I know Kleiman and Messingham are old pals but I hope they can sit down in the off-season and gel with a more consistent plan. Talent can take anybody a long ways but a PLAN can win you a title. It will take a good one for some team to knock off JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Our WR's are probably a lot better than what we have seen, maybe if they would run some plays that get the ball in their hands a bit more often, again, quick hit stuff over and across the middle, screens, skinny posts. I like this team a lot but I cant really say it has had an offensive identity this year as it almost always has in the past. I know Kleiman and Messingham are old pals but I hope they can sit down in the off-season and gel with a more consistent plan. Talent can take anybody a long ways but a PLAN can win you a title. It will take a good one for some team to knock off JMU.
    Whoa !! JMU has to get by Stoney Stream this weekend.......just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Whoa !! JMU has to get by Stoney Stream this weekend.......just saying.
    and/or UNI/SDSU/Weber/SUU

Lot of chances on that side for them to trip up.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯