Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $50 Million among friends....

Default Re: $50 Million among friends....

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    Do you have to pay rent for use of the Fargo Dome to city of Fargo? Imagine if NDSU also had a 12,000 seat hockey arena that was paid for before it was built. Had two floors of bars/restaurants all the way around the concourses, price of tickets were $40-$50 (+$ Champions Club) per night with $99 per night for big rivalry games, about 20 home games a year with only two of those first round conference tournament games. Then had Conference and NCAA games on neutral ice, with a potential to sponsor. Oh and 50/50 games, Parking, etc. and the fans came from close and afar!

Keep educating those Canadians.....

Do you have to pay rent for use of the Fargo Dome to city of Fargo? Imagine if NDSU also had a 12,000 seat hockey arena that was paid for before it was built. Had two floors of bars/restaurants all the way around the concourses, price of tickets were $40-$50 (+$ Champions Club) per night with $99 per night for big rivalry games, about 20 home games a year with only two of those first round conference tournament games. Then had Conference and NCAA games on neutral ice, with a potential to sponsor. Oh and 50/50 games, Parking, etc. and the fans came f close and afar!
    Too bad you don't get all the revenue from the hockie stadium. You pay the Nazi man estate rent for the building. Plus they also get a cut of the food and beverage sales
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

At least now Big Ten teams will play the FHawkers since they dropped the old mascot. Who are their biggest conference rivals? Bemidji State or Colorado College?

Do you have to pay rent for use of the Fargo Dome to city of Fargo? Imagine if NDSU also had a 12,000 seat hockey arena that was paid for before it was built. Had two floors of bars/restaurants all the way around the concourses, price of tickets were $40-$50 (+$ Champions Club) per night with $99 per night for big rivalry games, about 20 home games a year with only two of those first round conference tournament games. Then had Conference and NCAA games on neutral ice, with a potential to sponsor. Oh and 50/50 games, Parking, etc. and the fans came from close and afar!
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    At least now Big Ten teams will play the FHawkers since they dropped the old mascot. Who are their biggest conference rivals? Bemidji State or Colorado College?
    Don't forget about mighty Conferder........I mean, Union College................ yet another embarrassing loss.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Although $50 million may have been spent through the years, the Fargo and surrounding area economic impact is much smaller, although I am not discounting that fact 19K at the dome three weekends in December is a good thing.

If the NCAA takes 75% of the gates. That will take 21 games x's 17k (take out some student tickets) $40/per ticket x 75%= $10,710,000

I will make the point that the people from Fargo are just shifting disposable cash from one local expenditure to the bison game weekend. For example this weekend I bought 4 tickets. I am spending that $130 in Fargo anyways, this weekend it is spent on Bison tickets.

The economic benefit to Fargo come from the out of town fans that come to town, eat stay and spend money.

The real winner through the years and its no surprise is Frisco and the towns in between. Using 10k fans and average spend of $1,000 per fan, that is $10k a year spent going to Frisco. You can see the benefit there in the hotels, bars, restaurants and shoppes would be deserted if not for the football game. I realize much money is spent on getting to Frisco, but the impact is huge.

All good.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gosh, with all this extra income that university must have well funded and powerhouse women's hockey, baseball, golf, etc, etc, programs.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I will make the point that the people from Fargo are just shifting disposable cash from one local expenditure to the bison game weekend. For example this weekend I bought 4 tickets. I am spending that $130 in Fargo anyways, this weekend it is spent on Bison tickets.
    I will respectfully disagree. I know many people that this don't go on a vacation as often and spend the money on Bison games. I myself used to hunt just about every weekend from late September through early November and that money went out of town not the case anymore and it stays in Fargo.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I will respectfully disagree. I know many people that this don't go on a vacation as often and spend the money on Bison games. I myself used to hunt just about every weekend from late September through early November and that money went out of town not the case anymore and it stays in Fargo.
    I don't disagree with you and thousands will have a similar story as you.

The point I am making it is not $50 million of new money to the economy. It may be 10 million or $15 million. In either case it is substantial, and its a time of the year that many of the businesses are impacted are slower.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    If i remember correctly..... didn't the Dome say the playoff games are what kicked them into the black a few/five years ago?
    Were discussing all this crap and colleges are signing coaches to 5 Million per year contracts as we speak. Not to mention, just after terminating contracts and paying off the 10-20 million owed. STATE INSTITUTIONS by the way. As college sports fans, maybe were getting what we deserve!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Were discussing all this crap and colleges are signing coaches to 5 Million per year contracts as we speak. Not to mention, just after terminating contracts and paying off the 10-20 million owed. STATE INSTITUTIONS by the way. As college sports fans, maybe were getting what we deserve!!!!
    Those state institutions have big donations on the line.
    College of Business Alumnus