Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $50 Million among friends....

Thumbs up $50 Million among friends....

I shelled out my $182 for round 1 of playoff the other day.

Got me thinking about economic impact of last (7) years of playoffs.

20,000 spectators (for easy math) @ $100 each is $2 Million.

Yes, I only pay $45ish dollars per my ticket, but with driving, running up a pregame tab at herd N horns, our party of (4) can run into $400 easily for the weekend....we don't exactly drive a Prius from Bismarck.

Granted, there are many who drive from close to Fargo, don't go out to eat and blast right home without spending a dime in Fargo, but then again many fly in and many other drive and stay Saturday and even friday night (hotels, restaurants, gas, etc.).

Don't even get me started on the the xmas shopping which happens at Wasted Acres the past (6) years.....

anyway, $2Million per game x 3 per season is close to (+/-) $6 million. With a (7) year playoff run (and counting) that is easily $42 million impact on Fargo and surrounding area.

My numbers are likely a SWAG, but really a $40-50 Million impact is significant when comparing Fargo to our other regional competitors.

Duluth, Sioux Falls, Saint Cloud, Rapid City, Bismarck, Grand Forks, Brookings, Rochester, Omaha, etc. would love to have this economic development & impact, but don't and simply never will.

It's simply amazing the economics of what this team has done the past several years!

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Angry Re: $50 Million among friends....

Every time I go to a home football game it seems I am dropping $200 or more in shipping...

Default Re: $50 Million among friends....

It would be awesome if the NCAA didn't take most of the gate. But yes, the playoff run is a good economic driver. Every home game I spend $100 on food, make a trip to the liquor store, buy tailgating supplies, buy reserved tailgating spots, buy tickets to the 50/50 raffle, etc..

Now we have 2 people in our tailgating crew who drive an hour from lakes area, buy gas, hotel, beer, food, etc..

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Season ticket holder here. Drive from Sioux Falls; easily dropped a C note for each trip to Fargo for a home game......drive up, drive home. Last year, the Bison played 14 games; I watched in person 12 of them. It's why I do HS football on Friday nights........pays for the trip. Actually, even if I didn't officiate, I would still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It would be awesome if the NCAA didn't take most of the gate. But yes, the playoff run is a good economic driver. Every home game I spend $100 on food, make a trip to the liquor store, buy tailgating supplies, buy reserved tailgating spots, buy tickets to the 50/50 raffle, etc..

Now we have 2 people in our tailgating crew who drive an hour from lakes area, buy gas, hotel, beer, food, etc..
    I believe the NCAA only gets the bid. With a seed, we only need to bid the minimum which at last disclosure was $50k. So just under $3/ticket.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tke View Post
    I believe the NCAA only gets the bid. With a seed, we only need to bid the minimum which at last disclosure was $50k. So just under $3/ticket.
    I thought it was bid or 75% of gate, whichever is larger.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    I thought it was bid or 75% of gate, whichever is larger.
    Not sure on the exact numbers but this is the right structure. The NCAA gets a % of the gate with the bid serving as a minimum guarantee.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tke View Post
    I really hope we don't bid the minimum. The sealed bids must be delivered to the NCAA by the Monday before the final regular season game. If we had lost that badly we may have dropped out of the seeds. Unlikely, but since we're going to be paying 75% anyway just go all in. JMU didn't in 2011. First year in their newly renovated 25k seat stadium and Eastern Kentucky of the OVC got the home game.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

If i remember correctly..... didn't the Dome say the playoff games are what kicked them into the black a few/five years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I really hope we don't bid the minimum. The sealed bids must be delivered to the NCAA by the Monday before the final regular season game. If we had lost that badly we may have dropped out of the seeds. Unlikely, but since we're going to be paying 75% anyway just go all in. JMU didn't in 2011. First year in their newly renovated 25k seat stadium and Eastern Kentucky of the OVC got the home game.
    I’d be shocked if we did something that stupid. The way the Bison consistently draw it should be relatively easy to submit a very large bid with great confidence in covering the number.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie