Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SFA fan here / Game Nov 28

Default Re: SFA fan here

Quote Originally Posted by iniedrauer View Post
    Which is a shame because you have a legit basketball program worth more than that.
    ndsu is a tough team to watch. although they have a couple young guards who look nice(ward & hunter) their bigs almost have no skill at anything.

Tonight's game is available on ESPN3 at 7:30

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    thanks Road.

This would be a good win. SFA is 5-1

SFA beat Florida A&M by 16 https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/934922389959319552 NDSU skullthumped Florida A & M

Advantage NDSU!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

SFA notes

http://sfajacks.com/news/2017/11/27/...with-ndsu.aspx

One of the game's major storylines will undoubtedly be how the 'Jacks' smothering defense handles a North Dakota State that is averse to turning the ball over. SFA heads into the Tuesday night tilt leading the nation in steals per game (14.2), total steals (85) and turnovers forced per game (25), while the Bison's 54 total turnovers are the 24th-fewest in all of NCAA Division I men's basketball. In all, SFA receives 34.9-percent of its offense (185 of 529 points) off of opponent turnovers
    Common opponent - NDSU 80 Florida A & M 66

SFA 79 Florida A & M 63

SFA is 5-1 on the season, only loss to Mississippi State 80-75 (next opponent for the Bison after this game)
    SFA was the preseason conference favorite in the Southland. Last season Stephen F Austin was 18-15 (12-6).
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-28-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Default Re: SFA fan here / Game Nov 28

Quote Originally Posted by iniedrauer View Post
    Good afternoon!

I imagine the focus in Bisonville is on football at the moment but I just wanted to drop in and say hi before tomorrow's basketball matchup in Nacogdoches. I'm from the SFA community The Sawmill (SFASawmill.com) and you all are more than welcome to jump over there and join in our conversation on NDSU/SFA.

From what I can tell, it sounds like you all have an excellent passing and shooting team. The way SFA plays defense really encourages teams to drive and I'm not sure that's your strength, but the 'Jacks have been very susceptible to three-point shooting and that might be their fate tomorrow with your crew in town. I like our chances (SFA is 75-3 at WRJ Coliseum since 2012-13) but this ranks up there with our Mississippi State game as the toughest challenge road or home so far this season.

Looking forward to hearing some Bison perspective on this matchup.
    Welcome, I don't like this match-up for NDSU. High pressure teams like SFA usually posses disaster for NDSU. NDSU has a hard time handling pressure and make many head scratching decisions and passes when the pressure is high. Paul Miller started really slow for NDSU but is coming on as of late and NDSU will need the vintage Paul Miller if NDSU is to have a chance. Holyfield is an impressive player for SFA and will give us troubles. If Bison handle the pressure well and can take care of the ball I think it is a game that will go down to the wire and the Bison will have a chance to pull this game out on the road. If they don't handle the pressure D well Bison will lose by double digits. I suspect it will be a close game and a fun one to watch tonight. Go Bison!

Default Re: SFA fan here / Game Nov 28

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Welcome, I don't like this match-up for NDSU. High pressure teams like SFA usually posses disaster for NDSU. NDSU has a hard time handling pressure and make many head scratching decisions and passes when the pressure is high. Paul Miller started really slow for NDSU but is coming on as of late and NDSU will need the vintage Paul Miller if NDSU is to have a chance. Holyfield is an impressive player for SFA and will give us troubles. If Bison handle the pressure well and can take care of the ball I think it is a game that will go down to the wire and the Bison will have a chance to pull this game out on the road. If they don't handle the pressure D well Bison will lose by double digits. I suspect it will be a close game and a fun one to watch tonight. Go Bison!
    You backdoor cut them all day long will slow their aggressive defense. Finish at the hoop strong and if they get fouled make the free throws. Yes, Bison can struggle with teams like this. But there is no reason Bison can not win this game. Don't be in a rush and set the tempo for the game.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Sweet; I honestly forget the games unless reminded on here since focus is still on football; sure I am not the only one.

It appears it's web stream only, not coming up on the guide for ESPN College extra on DTV unless it's a late addition and will pop up at 7
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    It appears it's web stream only, not coming up on the guide for ESPN College extra on DTV unless it's a late addition and will pop up at 7
    I doubt it, but one can always hope. The next game (Mississippi State) is already on the College Extra schedule.

Edit: Never mind, that game is on the SEC Network Alternate channel...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

So NDSU loses to SFA.....SDSU beat Ole Miss. Looks like another crappy year at Premier Center where I only go to one session. (Or is that too hopeful?)