Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SFA fan here / Game Nov 28

Default SFA fan here / Game Nov 28

Good afternoon!

I imagine the focus in Bisonville is on football at the moment but I just wanted to drop in and say hi before tomorrow's basketball matchup in Nacogdoches. I'm from the SFA community The Sawmill (SFASawmill.com) and you all are more than welcome to jump over there and join in our conversation on NDSU/SFA.

From what I can tell, it sounds like you all have an excellent passing and shooting team. The way SFA plays defense really encourages teams to drive and I'm not sure that's your strength, but the 'Jacks have been very susceptible to three-point shooting and that might be their fate tomorrow with your crew in town. I like our chances (SFA is 75-3 at WRJ Coliseum since 2012-13) but this ranks up there with our Mississippi State game as the toughest challenge road or home so far this season.

Looking forward to hearing some Bison perspective on this matchup.

Default Re: SFA fan here

What happened to your football team?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Lol.......
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    We're at the time of year in Nac where we annually (lately at least) pretend football isn't a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by iniedrauer View Post
    We're at the time of year in Nac where we annually (lately at least) pretend football isn't a thing.
    We're at the time of year where we annually pretend BB hasn't started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    We're at the time of year where we annually pretend BB hasn't started yet.
    Most here are in that train of thought all year
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Which is a shame because you have a legit basketball program worth more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by iniedrauer View Post
    Good afternoon!

I imagine the focus in Bisonville is on football at the moment but I just wanted to drop in and say hi before tomorrow's basketball matchup in Nacogdoches. I'm from the SFA community The Sawmill (SFASawmill.com) and you all are more than welcome to jump over there and join in our conversation on NDSU/SFA.

From what I can tell, it sounds like you all have an excellent passing and shooting team. The way SFA plays defense really encourages teams to drive and I'm not sure that's your strength, but the 'Jacks have been very susceptible to three-point shooting and that might be their fate tomorrow with your crew in town. I like our chances (SFA is 75-3 at WRJ Coliseum since 2012-13) but this ranks up there with our Mississippi State game as the toughest challenge road or home so far this season.

Looking forward to hearing some Bison perspective on this matchup.
    Welcome!! Should be a fun game. Have to respect what SFA has done the last 5 years at the mid major level. Should be a great test for NDSU.

I believe the last time we faced off it was a double overtime thriller at a holiday tournament.

As for the game, not sure what to expect. NDSU is playing pretty solid right now but also have a lot of youth. We play 9-10 guys, with Paul Miller and Tyson Ward being the main threats. Post play is our biggest weakness.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Welcome!! Should be a fun game. Have to respect what SFA has done the last 5 years at the mid major level. Should be a great test for NDSU.

I believe the last time we faced off it was a double overtime thriller at a holiday tournament.

As for the game, not sure what to expect. NDSU is playing pretty solid right now but also have a lot of youth. We play 9-10 guys, with Paul Miller and Tyson Ward being the main threats. Post play is our biggest weakness.

Woody had like 60 points didnt he and made like 600 free throws??
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Woody had like 60 points didnt he and made like 600 free throws??
    Close...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...ephen-f-austin
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)