Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Engel, Van Dellen and Kelly Dismissed From Team

Default Re: Engel, Van Dellen and Kelly Dismissed From Team

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    They broke team rules - I don't think the details are important. What is important is that the staff establishes a code of conduct, and enforces it.
    I agree for the most part but I think there is an important distinction between NDSU recruiting kids who are alleged rapists, vs. getting caught smoking weed once. Big difference obviously.

So I agree with the code of conduct and enforcing it, but to say it doesn't matter what they did- they broke a rule- I think the justice system would disagree haha. Not all broken rules are equal
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I agree for the most part but I think there is an important distinction between NDSU recruiting kids who are alleged rapists, vs. getting caught smoking weed once. Big difference obviously.

So I agree with the code of conduct and enforcing it, but to say it doesn't matter what they did- they broke a rule- I think the justice system would disagree haha. Not all broken rules are equal
    I have a hard time believing they got caught smoking dope once, if it was related to that.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Of course that's true, but we are not dealing with the justice system, or even criminal charges. The question here is not "how serious was the infraction", but "Do we, as fans, need to know what they did?" I believe that we do not need to know (no matter how curious we may be). Partly out of respect for the players, but for the coaches as well. I could see a lot of second-guessing if folks thought that dismissal from the team was too severe a punishment for their crime, for example. The coaches should not have to justify their actions in matters like this - and the way to avoid the need for justification is for us to trust that they enforce their rules fairly.

The most important fact is---rules were broken and the coaches took the appropriate action. I dont care what they did. None of my business. The fact that is was dealt with and not swept under the carpet is my business. Thats the only string I have attached to my donations---that they do the right thing.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Who cares?