Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Engel, Van Dellen and Kelly Dismissed From Team

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Engel, Van Dellen and Kelly Dismissed From Team

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Van Dellen and Engel were listed as backups (to Easton and RJ, respectively) on the last depth chart before the Ilinois St game: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOiY2LyUIAAPH-n.jpg

I'm going to guess that with Davis back Van Dellen would've been back to 3rd string QB and seemed like Williams and Cain had been the receivers playing most behind RJ and Shep although Shep isn't guaranteed to be back for this one. WR depth will be the biggest issue this causes especially with Freeman suspended.
    So basically Stick damn sure better stay healthy? Not like he's ever missed a game due to injury but still. That has to affect play calling don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    So basically Stick damn sure better stay healthy? Not like he's ever missed a game due to injury but still. That has to affect play calling don't you think?
    Davis should be pretty much ready to go this weekend, I believe.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Davis should be pretty much ready to go this weekend, I believe.
    Davis is listed as the backup on this week's depth chart.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Well, Davis is back. The biggest thing will be Hendricks will still be emergency qb. This does open up the scholies..... Hope they can put to use after early signing or poach a few for early signing.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Is Engel the tall receiver from Minnesota? Too bad, I had high hopes for him. Anyway, this is exactly why we shouldn't be talking shit about other teams and their issues when it could easily happen to us. Tough to keep 80 kids age 18 to 23 in line 100% of the time.
    From what I have heard, Engel has been playing with fire for awhile. Discipline issues has stunted his development.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Love the zero tolerance. Get on board, or get off. Pretty simple. We have depth for days, we can overcome this stuff, and the ability to recruit like crazy. These 3 are on full rides. They will be, and have been replaced.
    Exactly. Kelley was a senior so his was off the books anyway, but two more spots just opened up in either this or next year's monster recruiting classes.

Even that punter a couple years back didn't get dismissed outright when he was stealing from cars.....must be something really, really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Exactly. Kelley was a senior so his was off the books anyway, but two more spots just opened up in either this or next year's monster recruiting classes.

Even that punter a couple years back didn't get dismissed outright when he was stealing from cars.....must be something really, really dumb.
    Different coaching staff, right? I don't even know what incident you are referring to though.

[QUOTE=Bison 4 Life;1243043]with 4 people wrapped up in this, it was likely an event that happened over the weekend.

Purely speculating.[/

Nope and I understand Freeman not connected with other 3 if that makes sense.

In other news... Bo Pelini and Brock Spack have just scheduled emergency trips to Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    with 4 people wrapped up in this, it was likely an event that happened over the weekend.

Purely speculating.
    Sounded like it was effective last Monday - something at Illinois State maybe?