Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Engel, Van Dellen and Kelly Dismissed From Team

Default Re: Engel, Van Dellen and Kelly Dismissed From Team

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    About 3-4 years ago met a kid in Garrison MN at the walleye opener. Big kid. We struck up a conversation because I had NDSU gear on and he said he used to play at NDSU. Asked his name and didnt recognize it. Then he told me that after the team had there rash of problems Bohl laid down the law. NO TOLERANCE. Well he and a few teammates went out ,had too much to drink and got in to a fight. He said I guess when Bohl said no tolerance he meant it and he was gone. Thats how you stop problems.
    True and point well taken but didn't Bohl have way more disciplinary issues than Klieman?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    i hear that gabe, but i would get ride of them for 1st offense. you buy all in or go home.

plus, i hate it when we say these are just kids. these kida are the same age as most in our military they should understanding what it means to follow rules. i think ndsu policy was written to give as much leeway as possible. i think i am disappointed...hmmm not sure would need to think about more. one side, a purpose of the university is to help kids grow so from that perspective....secound chances make sense.
    and when they do on this issue they are kicked out with bad conduct discharge and or sent to the equivalent of a work camp/jail for a few months.

like td suggested there should be adult consequences. if our response is a 1 game suspension thats damn lame. but again. we have no clue what happen or why. And like i have been yammering on about.......this is all based on a rumor and speculation and needs to be treated as such
    You can't compare military to civilian. The military is the only place in the country where it's illegal to test positive. It's not illegal for a civilian to have gotten stoned or fail a drug test.

I think you have to look at each case individually. That's just my opinion. Is treatment needed? 2 failed tests and it's a no brainer.. Show them the door. I would cut a scholarship for a 1st test

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You can't compare military to civilian. The military is the only place in the country where it's illegal to test positive. It's not illegal for a civilian to get stoned or fail a drug test.
    i dont disagree gabe. I am more so just pointing out that these are not kids. Also I'm trying to make a general statement Regarding the fact that we don't seem to hold people all that accountable anymore.

I think the pendulum a swung a little too far on the tolerant side and needs to come back a bit more to the accountability side. btw..... I'm talking in general here as this has nothing to do with SU

i dont disagree gabe. I am more so just pointing out that these are not kids. Also I'm trying to make a general statement Regarding the fact that we don't seem to hold people all that accountable anymore.

I think the pendulum a swung a little too far on the tolerant side and needs to come back a bit more to the accountability side. btw..... I'm talking in general here as this has nothing to do with SU
    If I was in charge... 1st failed test get rid of the scholarship temporarily and make them earn it back and pay out of pocket . 2nd failed test they are gone.

And I'm all about accountability And I agree with the way this was handled. Kliemans track record speaks for itself. Other schools... Not so much. Youth is not an excuse. Does the punishment fit the crime. I say yes

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If I was in charge... 1st failed test get rid of the scholarship temporarily and make them earn it back and pay out of pocket . 2nd failed test they are gone.

And I'm all about accountability And I agree with the way this was handled. Kliemans track record speaks for itself. Other schools... Not so much. Youth is not an excuse. Does the punishment fit the crime. I say yes
    seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    What happened to sitting back and watching for once? I come here and I just see a wall of your posts.
    What a show. It's absolutely amazing on here, when the shoe is on the other foot.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Props to the NDSU coaches for zero tolerance. And frankly, if I was a NDSU fan, I wouldn't be overly concerned with the losses, considering how much depth their is on the team, and how good some of the incoming recruits are. The only thing with these issues, is you hope it doesn't extend beyond just the players that were dismissed. Hopefully, whatever the issue was, this is it. Sucks for the team to lose some guys, and I really though there was some potential with that Engel kid.

Like someone else said on here, it is tough to keep a whole team of kids in line. There are always some that will do what they want, and think they can get away with it.

Good luck against SD.

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    What a show. It's absolutely amazing on here, when the shoe is on the other foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    Props to the NDSU coaches for zero tolerance. And frankly, if I was a NDSU fan, I wouldn't be overly concerned with the losses, considering how much depth their is on the team, and how good some of the incoming recruits are. The only thing with these issues, is you hope it doesn't extend beyond just the players that were dismissed. Hopefully, whatever the issue was, this is it. Sucks for the team to lose some guys, and I really though there was some potential with that Engel kid.

Like someone else said on here, it is tough to keep a whole team of kids in line. There are always some that will do what they want, and think they can get away with it.

Good luck against SD.
    Bitterness vs graciousness.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Bitterness vs graciousness.
    Bizon till dead; If the name of this thread was 3 Fighting Hawks are kicked of the FB team, your insulting posts would be right in the mix with the rest.
    Bitterness, not at all, Sad absolutely.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    Bizon till dead; If the name of this thread was 3 Fighting Hawks are kicked of the FB team, your insulting posts would be right in the mix with the rest.
    Bitterness, not at all, Sad absolutely.
    cry.jpg

10char