Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
CRAZY finish, but Fogarty gets the 7-4 win. He gave up a penalty point for something, then craziness ensued.

Fogarty had a nice shot with 15 seconds left, but Valencia put Fogarty on his back. Fogarty kept the leg and they awarded no points either way. I'm a little confused, especially since Fogarty was on his back for so long. Next time, listen to coach Kish and don't engage! Running away sucks, but with a three point lead and a dangerous scorer, it may be needed

Great win though!
This one made the front page on Flo with a "You make the call" headline. They don't seem to have open comments after switching to their new format, but I'm sure it would be interesting if they still did. It won't surprise me at all if this gets its own segment on the next FRL.

When I go back and re-watch this one, it seems like the ref made the right call. He isn't counting for the new danger zone rule because they both have their backs to the mat beyond the 90 degree angle. He is in the perfect position to make the call, and you can even see him measuring Valencia's angle.