Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Toreros: La Segunda Parte (San Diego II)

Default Re: Los Toreros: La Segunda Parte (San Diego II)

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Watched about half of the SD and UNA game, VERY impressed with SD, FAST!!!! May be a bit light but very quick. QB is playing at a high level as well. I wouldn't want to come out flat or turn the ball over too much as I think this SD team is more salty than last years and that game was no blow-out for the better part of the game. PLay well early and often and the Bison will be in good shape, don't drag this one out.
    I agree, that team last year was no push-over ... I am glad they don't have that running back, Jonah Hodges, this year because he gave us some serious problems last year. I think Hodges signed up in the CFL.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    NO Shit! The forgotten position in Bison Football. What's even more scary is the fact that our backs are dinged of late and the TE's only get 1-2 looks per game.
    Wentz and Illies combined for 4 catches 144 yards and 2 TDS against USD. And the Illinois St. game we weren’t going to throw it to anyone at any position if we didn’t have too.

What backs are dinged as of late?

I agree though our TEs should be involved more. Very talented and diverse group. With more talent redshirting.

Quote Originally Posted by djohnk View Post
    I agree, that team last year was no push-over ... I am glad they don't have that running back, Jonah Hodges, this year because he gave us some serious problems last year. I think Hodges signed up in the CFL.
    Hodges was good.. And his parents were awesome.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think their yearly stats are all relative...they play powerhouses to the likes of Drake and Butler. Any team in the Mo Val...2017 ISUb included...would run that conference easy. And they’d be putting up stupid stats along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    I think their yearly stats are all relative...they play powerhouses to the likes of Drake and Butler. Any team in the Mo Val...2017 ISUb included...would run that conference easy. And they’d be putting up stupid stats along the way.
    I have to disagree with this, due to San Diego alone. San Diego plays crap teams, but they crush crap teams. Yes, they lost to Princeton, but they are likely about the same ability as Princeton, they stomped a Northern Arizona team that had success against the Valley. Per Sagarin, they are ahead of three MVFC teams.

This is a decent team which is why I don't buy the "non-scholarship" stuff. They are somehow funding these guys or they have a bunch of good players who really, really like the beach. You need to pop these guys in the nose, immediately, and make sure they never have hope in this game. I'm thinking NDSU by 20.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Check out this reception against Northern Arizona by WR Priest,
    R J Urzendowski-esque......

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCen...906881/video/1
    Is he left handed? Otherwise RJ's not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I have to disagree with this, due to San Diego alone. San Diego plays crap teams, but they crush crap teams. Yes, they lost to Princeton, but they are likely about the same ability as Princeton, they stomped a Northern Arizona team that had success against the Valley. Per Sagarin, they are ahead of three MVFC teams.

This is a decent team which is why I don't buy the "non-scholarship" stuff. They are somehow funding these guys or they have a bunch of good players who really, really like the beach. You need to pop these guys in the nose, immediately, and make sure they never have hope in this game. I'm thinking NDSU by 20.
    They're not as good as their game against NAU last week made them look. They're not as bad as their game earlier this season against UC Davis made them look either.

9/9/17: UC Davis 35, San Diego 7
    10/21/17: Northern Arizona 45, UC Davis 31
    11/25/17: San Diego 41, Northern Arizona 10

Gotta love football!
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 11-27-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

It is hard to get into this school because of their high academic standards correct?

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    It is hard to get into this school because of their high academic standards correct?
    Middle 50% of their ACT scores range from 26 to 30 (82nd to 94th percentiles)

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

WR position will be pretty interesting Saturday. With Freeman suspended, Engel kicked off. Coach K just said Shepherd is still limited with his hamstring injury that held him out of most of the USD game and all of the Illinois St. game. Said he needs to see him progress more.

We have RJ, Dimitri, and Cain that have seen significant snaps. Could see Polansky get some reps in running downs. Illies our wide or in the slot?