Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Affect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Can confirm.
    Source: work in a strip club
    It's the music in a strip club that messes up your concentration?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    and to this day...most say Robert Morris in 2010 was the second loudest game behind GSU in 2012
    I don't think it was the loudest but it was the loudest at that time and then the fans realized that if we can be that loud during the playoffs with only 12K people (thanksgiving weekend weak draw), imagine how loud 19k will be. I know I really tried to be extra loud since the stadium was obviously a smaller crowd due to the crappy thanksgiving weekend. That was a pretty impressive showing. Youngstown lead the playoff attendance last year on the same weekend, like 5500 people

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I remember a time here on bisonville when we were absolutely thrilled to get our first home playoff game. lol
    I know I see a lot of bid conversation going on on the other boards HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFREAK View Post
    I will be truly surprised if anyone read that whole post
    Ummmmmm, yeaah

I forget what player did the "on the hot seat" segment on the coach's show and said it but I know it was a senior who said that the loudest he ever heard the dome was during a Greg Menard sack in the 2015 quarters against UNI. I think we like to think the dome was louder during the 2011/2012 title runs but, with the exception on 2012 GSU, I bet it wasn't much different from these days.

I read some of it. It isn't about communication. The game has become all about hand signals and silent counts. It is simply about being able to concentrate, like mentioned a few times. When the dome has been at its loudest, it would be enough to drive someone crazy. Not crazy like a week straight of babies crying or heavy metal music blaring type psychological warfare, but enough where you aren't quite thinking straight because it ain't normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I forget what player did the "on the hot seat" segment on the coach's show and said it but I know it was a senior who said that the loudest he ever heard the dome was during a Greg Menard sack in the 2015 quarters against UNI. I think we like to think the dome was louder during the 2011/2012 title runs but, with the exception on 2012 GSU, I bet it wasn't much different from these days.
    Georgia Southern was insanely loud. It was even loud before the clock started and between plays. Totally nuts. Best game I've ever seen in the dome.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Phantom Whistle may be the loudest I can recall.
    Agree. That was angry loud. False start very next play.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    It's the music in a strip club that messes up your concentration?

You try counting all those ones ($) with Mambo No. 5 blaring in your ear!!

Wow their fans really care, and our fans don’t bother to come out when companies buy out tickets and give them away when considering a window quote.

Was it SHSU fans that yelled when their team was on offense to compete with Bison fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk