Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Default Re: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Anybody else getting tinnitus in their old age? Think the dome contributes?
    I can honestly say Iam not the cause of any ones hearing problems.

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Anybody else getting tinnitus in their old age? Think the dome contributes?
    WHAT?!?!? Speak up sonny! I can hardly hear you over this dam ringing in my ears!
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by sbark View Post
    Do a search on Iceland Viking thunderclap
    Would be a great add in the dome
    OK, that would be awesome. Need a big-ass war drum and maybe a delegation to and from Iceland.

Iceland is one of the few places that I immediately thought, "Man, I could live here." Pluses: No mosquitos, beautiful landscape, great literary tradition, and doesn't get hot. Minuses: Can't bring the dog, smells like Satan's bathroom.

thats what the Minnesota Vikings do.... have you been under a rock the last 2 years
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    OK, that would be awesome. Need a big-ass war drum and maybe a delegation to and from Iceland.

Iceland is one of the few places that I immediately thought, "Man, I could live here." Pluses: No mosquitos, beautiful landscape, great literary tradition, and doesn't get hot. Minuses: Can't bring the dog, smells like Satan's bathroom.
    That is cool...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    thats what the Minnesota Vikings do.... have you been under a rock the last 2 years
    I did not know that. The Vikings think that "Skol" is a war chant? Surprised they didn't use "uff da."

Anyway, now I'm not sure that I want NDSU to adopt something that the Vikings have tainted with their despair, futility and failure. The Vikes will remain dead to me until they draft a Bison player.

seriously? The vikings have been doing this for literally 3 years lol.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I did not know that. The Vikings think that "Skol" is a war chant? Surprised they didn't use "uff da."

Anyway, now I'm not sure that I want NDSU to adopt something that the Vikings have tainted with their despair, futility and failure. The Vikes will remain dead to me until they draft a Bison player.
    Doesn't it mean 'Good drinking' or some such?

Ok hear me out guys....

How about half the stadium yells "Montana!" and then the other half of the stadium yells "Grizzlies!"

And then, after every victory, we play "new york, new york" on the PA system?!

All jokes aside, I'm always interested in adding more game day traditions. When the vikings added the thunderclap, it came with mixed reviews, and now its actually incredible.
    Thats the thing with these gameday traditions.

Lets imagine a world where we dont yell "First down! ooo move those chains"... and then I came here and said "do you know what would be REALLY cool? if we yelled "First down, move those chains on every single first down!"

NO ONE, and I mean noooooo one would think that would be a cool thing to add.. Just food for thought before someone laughs at the next thing someone suggests
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

That being said, I've seen a few iterations of the chanting back and forth and regardless of who's doing it, I've always been impressed with it.

ND! - SU!

A lot more natural than "Montana! .............. Grizzlies!"
    3. It's time to go FBS