Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Default Re: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Multiple rockets and artillery shells coming in your direction.
    I’ve heard that the “snap” of a supersonic small arms projectile passing nearby is quite unnerving as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I've got the yelling and clapping at the same time down. I'm working on adding a foot stomp in as well for Friday night. Not sure if I should eat beans all day and try adding some farts or if I should just scrap that idea. I'd hate to clear out a section and actually make it quieter.

Could just here the ESPN guys on national TV. Hey look at all the tears in section 27 for Klieman. Oh good lord what is that smell my eyes are watering.
    While yelling I often wonder if it is better to simultaneously clap or cup my hands around my mouth. Have there been any studies on this subject.

Pull up an episode of Finding Bigfoot and listen to the screech they make which is supposed to sound like a bigfoot call. It's not really scary, but it's easy to do and is really loud.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

What would the most “fear inducing” frequency be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.

I take a great deal of pride in being as loud of a fan as possible at Bison games. Like many/most of you, I go to a game and cheer/yell/scream/clap/stomp like every fricken play depends on me- WE WANT TO DISRUPT!

I can yell pretty damn loud for about 1 quarter and then my voice starts to really deplete. I remember yelling so loud and long at the EWU game that I blacked out for 15 seconds after EWU's missed field goal.
    This summer I had a thought: "what can I do to be LOUDER?..." because my yelling can only last so long... and then I thought whistling. Yes everyone can whistle, but then there are those who can whistle loud.. and THEN there are those that can Whistle so fu*king loud that it pisses you off because it literally causes physical pain to be within 20 yards of them.
    I spent most of my solitary hours this summer practicing on how to get to that NEXT level… and then during the Deleware game- it happened.
    If you watch the clip of Jabril cox returning the Pick 6 - you can clearly hear 1 single whistle tone over the entire thing. I can confidently say that my whistle is about 4-5x louder than me yelling full all out, and it takes VASTLY less energy to do so.

If you are trying to create as much volume as humanly possible- just dedicate 5-6 hours of time (away from others, because holy shit they will get sick of the whistling), and learn to whistle I would say that since learning to whistle this way- the total volume output during the game has increased exponentially
    If you want to make more noise, LEARN TO FRICKEN WHISTLE SO DAMN LOUD IT CAUSES YOU PAIN (and then go buy ear plugs and bring 5-10 and share with those immediately in front of you) You will wonder how you ever thought you were making noise before.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    While yelling I often wonder if it is better to simultaneously clap or cup my hands around my mouth. Have there been any studies on this subject.
    GREAT QUESTION! I've wondered the same exact thing..
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    GREAT QUESTION! I've wondered the same exact thing..
    I thought the trick was to get a popcorn bucket and turn that into a megaphone

Now thats a Great Idea... but you need the mouthole to be mouth sized, otherwise it has very little effect.

Now we're thinkin....what else can we use............................................... ............................
    3. It's time to go FBS

Actually The large soda cups work better

The dome has gotten dull lately, but everyone is saving it up for Friday

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I thought the trick was to get a popcorn bucket and turn that into a megaphone
    What other concession containers must I buy to fashion a headstrap to keep my hands free for clapping?